Winters coming...............................

Bugsy

My sister & family arrived in La Rochelle on Sunday - we met them at the airport with a cheery "welcome to sunny France!!" ....... as the rain pelted down!!

They normally holiday in Nice - I don't think they'll be rushing back to Charente Maritime!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's peeing down here.  At least the lake is full and the ducks are enjoying it, everything else is moping about, even the goats won't brave the rain today. 

I only agreed to this caravan lark when I knew it would only be for one summer, what beeing summer? 

I am smiling to myself just thinking about a Classic episode from ''It Ain't Half Hot Mum'' When the Sgt. Major decided that the Concert Party needed some extra training in the sun.....salt pills etc. And one of his strategies was to get the troop to shout at the sun, saying ''Come on Sun. Do your worst.'' .................Priceless.

[quote user="trumpet"]Somethings up. It hasn't rained here since 8 am. Missing it already.[/quote]

and Panda said

>>it's peeing down here<<

Don't want to appear nosey - well not too much anyway - but it would help the rest of us to appreciate your comments better if you two gave some indication of where you both live (in your details under your sign-in name). France is an awfully big country so you could be just about anywhere ...

Sue [Www]

Well I am just about ready to slit my throat or hit myself over the head with a blunt instrument here in 87.    Raining now, hardly a surprise, been raining since, ooooooooh May 1st I think.   Cold.   Miserable.   You would think the vegetables would love it, some small consoldation.   Nope, I think they have all drowned actually.

If I knew it wasn't just as bad in UK I would be packing my bags to go home by now. ....

The weather stats for Luxembourg were give for June on the radio this morning.  Quite a surprise.  Not the wettest (by a long way) nor the coldest (also by a long way) but the unusual thing was that it has rained every day since June 13th.

I think I'm developing trench foot [:(]

Hi trumpet,

From a previous post, I got the impression you might live somewhere near Camors. I know the village, but have not been in those parts for a few years. I just wondered if you were close enough to it to know if the same French families were running a couple of businesses there - one being the local bar which became a second home to me...

Bum