It's a bit early, but still nice.

Bugsy

To be recommended:  'Ty-Two'.

It's a 5 or 6 pack of 2 x 'Twix'- type bars from Leader Price (so costs buttons).  Excellent, especially if preceded by a home-made mince pie and a cuppa at about 16.30.

By the way, the French don't seem to go for the old mincies, do they?  My neighbour nearly threw up when he took a sniff at one of OH's !!  Happily she wasn't offended, but it had the same effect as the Christmas Pudding. 

He much prefers a nice dose of Museau au Vinaigrette (pork snout).  Vive la difference! 

[quote user="Clair"]I have tried mince pies, but the taste of so much sugar is just not for me.

My teeth shiver with fear at the mere thought of biting into one! [+o(]
[/quote]

I love them ........  Got some  left in the cupboard, along with double cream.....................................  [Www]

My French neighbour grovelled and begged me to buy him a christmas pudding last time I was in UK, after having tried one at our house last christmas.    Of course I did buy him one, as thankfully you seem to be able to buy them all year round now. 

Anyway, as he doesn't have a microwave I handed over pudding and explained the steaming method of cooking.   He looked at me as if I were mad, but went off to set xmas pudding a cooking.    Anyway, after about half hour he came back to our house to have a cup of coffee and report that all was well with pudding.   Time passed and I reminded him he should check the water levels in bottom of pan, explaining why.   No need he said I filled it right up to top.    But, I said it will all slosh over the pudding, I told you just a bit of water in bottom.       Oh he said, I thought I must have misunderstood you ... come on I will show you how I am cooking it.    Well, you've guessed it, I rushed around to his house to find the pudding, having been taken out of all packaging, bubbling merrily away in a huge pot of boiling water.   Needless to say it had pretty much disintegrated, and I left him straining it through a sieve and trying to press the bits back into pudding shape !!!!!!!!!!       So funny, but he still insisted it tasted good.

Anyway, sorry, off topic - he also loves mince pies now he has been introduced to them ...   and shortbread ..