Re: Clarkson on Mandelson

DerekJ

Fair enough DJ!

I actually think that Mandleson is a plant...not one that grows in your garden but planted in the UK by some foreign organisation to cause unrest.  Each time I see him on the box speaking in that slow supercillious way that he has I want to smack him one with a frying pan.

So tie him to the front of your wheels Clarkson, let us know the route and I will happily hurl tomatoes and other unsavoury stuff at the pair of you.

Now I hope you are satisfied Derek, as I am normally such an easy going chap.[:D]

[quote user="Weedon"]

Each time I see him on the box speaking in that slow supercillious way that he has I want to smack him one with a frying pan.

[/quote]

You and me both! [:'(][:@][:D]

[quote user="Weedon"]

Now I hope you are satisfied Derek, as I am normally such an easy going chap.[:D]

[/quote]

Hope I haven't raised your blood pressure too much. [6]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Weedon"]

Each time I see him on the box..... I want to smack him one with a frying pan.

[/quote]Funny, that's just how I feel about Clarkson.[:D][/quote]

Hear hear![:P]

[/quote]

Oh dear... you'd better not read this then!  [;-)]

I know the feeling sometimes but just sometimes he seems to say the right thing.

And, IMO,  Mandelson is in a different league altogether as far as irritants go.

I haven't read this thread, not in full that is.  Clarkson AND Mandelson...........can't think of a more off-putting combination.  So, I'm STILL not going to read "all about it".  What I say is, a Pox on both their Houses.

Can't think of 2 more unsavoury characters.  If they disappeared off the face of the earth in the next 5 minutes, it won't be soon enough for me![6]

[quote user="Clair"]He comes across as a puerile and crass teenager and is rewarded for behaving like a puerile and crass teenager, [/quote]

What you mean that Clarkson's parents bought him an I-phone, Nike trainers, paid for him to go to Aya Napa with his mates and a round the world trip after supporting him through Uni etc? [6]

Well you could say that one is a Voivodeship, that is government-appointed governor costing the people loads of DHSS though not of their choosing,
while the other is more of a Gmina, that is, more likely to be chosen by popular support (and earns his own money, lots of it);
but hey OK if you're happy to pay Mandy to fiddle while Rome burns[Www]

Sweet said; [quote]Clarkson AND Mandelson...........can't think of a more off-putting combination[/quote]

I quite agree!  They're like two horrible perennial schoolboys.  One bitchy, smarmy and back-stabbing, the other, fatuous, bragging, oafish.  Both of whom one avoided at all costs whilst at school, in our youth and now they're still managing to invade our conciousness with their dreary, self-satisfied maunderings.  Oh for a shotgun and a clear line of sight...! (did I write that...? or just think it...?)[;-)][:D]

He's alright, at least he likes bikes.  BUT, to continue the school analogy, if Clarkson is the loud-mouthed bully, James May is the reticent, more intelligent lad who would really prefer to get on with something sensible but is intimidated/embarrassed into half-heartedly laughing along with the yobs.  He should find a job on a programme for people interested in cars and motorcycles - he could probably do quite well.

He reminds me of a lost puppy or child - he has an incredible mind but like all genius's he is I think on a different planet - think Robin Williams in WD 'Flubber'. He understands the working of most things, or takes the trouble to do so, I think he's ok! And like you say, he likes bikes.