Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please forgive me if  I am just not as "with it" and "youtubey" as the rest of you.  I just thought I'd mention that, being newly resident in France, I decided I'd learn some French folk songs (a good way to learn some French).  I play the songs on the piano and then try to sing the libretto.  Now my piano skills are elementary and my singing ones less than that.  However, I learned "Aupres de ma blonde" and I mentioned it to my French neighbour and my French hairdresser.  They were enchanted and laughed their socks off when I sang it to them.  In fact, at chez coiffeuse, the whole salon sang it and we screamed with laughter!

Bonsoir and welcome !!!  that is wonderful!! And indeed a very good way of learning a lot of vocabulary and even pronunciation!! It helped me a lot with English..

I am a Beatle and Macca/ Lennon fanatic   ( [:D] ) and I ve learnt a lot from their songs.. I know the whole Beatle songs by heart ... LOL ...

Now I have your song in mind " auprès de ma blonde, qu il fait bon ..."  [:D]

What is also good for learning is karaoke .. here is a song you can sing along : " L amour est un soleil" by Helene Segara

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jMbvzowbFzk

[quote user="french chuck"]

Tag

thats because if anyone talks about anything serious here it gets pulled!

so if easy type music is what this forum wants they have it - emphasis on the 'easy' part  A bit like margerine - easy to spread

[/quote]

Wrong;

talking about the forum moderaters do get pulled

But virtually all other subjects are discussed without being pulled

Leo

Ehhhhh Chuck, so do I, so do I.

But why Leo indeed,? Why not Scorpio or Margerine or Rooster or Ford Fairlane? Why do we choose our names? Good question. Who are we behind these names? Ourselves, our fantasies or just any old thing. Freudians will say we are our fancied selves and that the real us will be outed over time. So, why Leo.......?

[quote user="french chuck"]

why Leo?????

cos surely they are human like us mere mortals - why would anything be pulled because it mentions them - which I haven't

I have the upmost respect for the mods here - so why bring that up ??????

My main reason for posting was the soft way LF has gone - a bit like margerine - say Flora

[/quote]

postings are pulled because they break the Code of Conduct, namely.:

"Quote"

"Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum."