Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I've always been Johnnie Cash fan (especially his "American" series) I wasn't aware of the Highwaymen.... Johnnie Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson and heard the track Highwayman for the first time yesterday... went out and bought the CD today. Brilliant stuff IMO.

Hi Weedon. I absolutely agree 100%.  This morning I went out and bought 3 CDs - the Highwaymen Collection, The Best of Willie Nelson, and Classic Allman Brothers.

The City of New Orleans is on the Willie Nelson compo... one of my favourite all time songs. Very evocative of the US which I love btw.... always stirs the emotions a bit. The one thing I miss about being retired is that I don't get to go to the US every couple of months.  Oh, and yes, you wouldn't want to be with me in the car with that tracking... I certainly sing along, although sing might not be the right word.[:)]

Anyway, the combination of these 3 new CDs got me through waxing a load of new doors! [8-|]

[quote user="DerekJ"]Hi Weedon. I absolutely agree 100%.  This morning I went out and bought 3 CDs - the Highwaymen Collection, The Best of Willie Nelson, and Classic Allman Brothers.

[/quote]

Duane Allman - the greatest slide guitarist the world has ever known.

I've had Eat A Peach and Brothers And Sisters in my collection ever since they came out but have only recently got hold of them on cd. [:)]

Merci judith !! [kiss][kiss]

Do you know Claude François? There is a special program for the 30th anniversary of his death on French TV tonight .

He was amazingly popular in France in the 70s, with his dancers...  He sang love songs, sad or happy .. he still has his fans, who considered him as a living legend ...  

Magnolias for ever

and

Cette année là   ( you got the lyrics if you click on " suite" ) he even quotes the beatles ! [:D]