Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Weedon"]

Just as I had decided to kickstart this thread up pops Reg.

Have a little fun with this, who, from the Living France Forum, might Fred be, who are the 7 girls in the back and who is driving?

[/quote]

all I can say is 'lucky fred'[:-))] must have been a limo![Www]

James Taylor.............excellent..................but with Carole King of course[:)]

Back to Page 1, and Max Bygraves was played on Radio 2 this morning, Jonnie Walker actually played Tulips from Amsderdam!

Try MacArthur Park, by Richard Harris or Love is Love by Barry Ryan, two great songs from the Sixties - sorry it's the hippy in me.

Yes, Frenchie, I like genesis too and we had a carpet crawler of our own, she became a rug rat and ankle biter but then grew up (sorry the OH's expression of baby to toddler growth)!

I also like Yes, anything by Rick Wakeman - especially King Arthur. Sorry I haven't learnt to do the You Tube bit yet, give me time and I'll sus out how to do the link thingy.

I saw Wakey do the King Arthur thing live abour 20 years ago, brill. Also on the jukebox here early stuff by John Barry, all good stuff.

And don't forget the Division Bell by Pink Floyd, oh and Diamond by same.

[quote user="Keni "]look at the width of the trousers the guy's wearing - hands up all you who wore those! And white too!![/quote]

I hadn't noticed those Keni.  Now that I have had a second look they reminded me of a chap I once knew who wore a pair like that when carrying out his act in Fossetts Circus.  He did an act juggling fiery sticks whilst walking on stilts.  His girlfriend Wai-Ling used to do the most incredible things with ping-pong balls at the after performance party.  She was an unusual girl, having defected from the Chinese table tennis team when they visited the UK to defend the Corbillon Cup.  She also did a turn at the circus on a Uni-cycle but had trouble with her balance after inhaling whilst doing her trick with the ping-pong balls.  Last I heard she was working in the Honeymoon Garden in Chiswick.  Incredible though it may seem she and the stilt walker are still together and living in Chiswick, so if you see them say hello from Weedon, you can't miss them as he stands head and shoulders above everybody else whilst Wai-Ling is a lot shorter.  Please don't mention ping-pong though as it's a sore point with her!