Your avatar

Cassis

No doubt most members spent days and weeks agonising over the image they wanted to portray of themselves on this forum.  I know I was very careful to get the right camera angle and to make sure I was showing my best side. 

I am consequently bewildered by some of the images that I see posted here.  Most of them are clearly simple snapshots of the member - I am thinking of Dick S, Will, SaligoB, Iceni and Tresco, for example - while others show the member at work or play - like Miki, KKK and Crispy P.  Then there are those who like to show where they live, like Deimos.  Or pictures of pets, like Russethouse.

A couple of questions for you:

1. Is your avatar a good likeness?

2. What do you think it says about you?
To kick off the answers, in my own case:

1. Yes, or at least it was about 20 years ago when it was accepted on a London Transport pass.
  2. Dick already answered this in a previous post - it shows that I am quality meat, very little fat, have excellent seasoning and a totally impenetrable accent.  He actually suggested the accent could be Cumberland - an easy trap to fall into - but in fact it is Geordie.
Come on - own up if you dare.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Opas"]

I picked her on her throne after I won my battle to stay on here!

[/quote]

Did Mr O try to throw you out then?  [blink]

[/quote]

Ha ! Ha ! very funny[:P]   I never had you down as a grosse vache with a dummy in your mouth.  Mr O is more like Dylan as he is always saying "Its time for bed"  or is that someone else?[Www]

[quote user="SaligoBay"]

Zebedee. 

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/BonnyYewTree/forum%20nonsense/zebedee.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Yup thats the one, but he still acts more like Dylan........vey laid back.

[quote user="SaligoBay"]

You've got me singing now.......

The sausage on the Tyne is all mine, all mine,

The sausage on the Tyne is all mine.

And that's all I'm saying. 

[/quote]

That's awful - where's the scansion, for heaven's sake?[;-)]

[quote user="Cassis"]I thought you looked more confused than moody - just goes to show!
[/quote]

Sullen, moody & confused - actually it getting more like me every time I look at it!!  I also had better get back on the diet, quick! [:$]

Ah here it is. I got the Fear, Cassis, after you pointed out we had gone off topic in Northwest France, and tried to delete the avatar-related post but couldn't make it work.

Anyway, here is Pyewacket my Devon Rex (former) kitten in her rightful topic. Not a Gremlin at all - probably....

I didn't spend any time at all searching for the wabbit; he just came to me one day! I did spend ages trying to get the him into that dratted box though[:)]

What does it say about me? Mmm well I think it says Tresco likes wabbits. I only like them in virtual life though, not my other real life.

I have a store of  alternative avatars, the only one that isn't a bunny is one of Princess Leia pointing her blaster straight at the camera. Those of you who find the bunny alarming will run shrieking from the forum when I finally use it. [6]

"ps How is it going Diane?"

Really great thanks.  I'm really well now, and hair has got beyond the Grant Mitchell stage, but not quite the Kylie stage! 

The dog is having chemo now, and he has one more to go!  [+o(]  Luckily dogs don't go bald with it!

Thanks for asking.

Diane [;-)]

[quote user="Tresco"]

What does it say about me? Mmm well I think it says Tresco likes wabbits. I only like them in virtual life though, not my other real life.

I have a store of  alternative avatars, the only one that isn't a bunny is one of Princess Leia pointing her blaster straight at the camera. Those of you who find the bunny alarming will run shrieking from the forum when I finally use it. [6]

[/quote]

I like your wabbit - he's got attitude.  Has PL got the earphones hairstyle, or is it later? 

[quote user="Dianes"]

Mine is of me when I still had hair, and the dog when he still had four legs.

It's been a bad year!  [:(]

[/quote]

Hope your year gets better.  Friends of ours back in the UK had a boxer with three legs and a cat with three legs.  The pets seemed to get about okay though it took the pooch a while to get used to peeing in a new style.

I've decided that my avatar cat is actually not sullen & moody - just confused & stoned (it's the darn pain killers, again!!).  Also want to pass my best onto Diane - I really hope, as the previous posters have said, that your year improves. 

p.s. Did I miss something when I had the flu - there are weird signatures on a couple of folks posts now!! (might be Russian - I know it's not Klingon - as I speak a little of that!!)

[quote user="Cassis"]

Dick already answered this in a previous post - it shows that I am quality meat, very little fat, have excellent seasoning and a totally impenetrable accent.  He actually suggested the accent could be Cumberland - an easy trap to fall into - but in fact it is Geordie.
[/quote]

I am relieved to hear, Cassis, that your avatar is a Cumberland sausage - for a while I feared it was an andouiette (oни отвратительны!).

I guess I will have to work on my avatar a bit more.  It is sort of, erm, nondescript and not exactly hard-hitting (but it does keep reminding me of the place where I dearly want to be when I am stuck at my computer in the UK!).

[quote user="davieszak"]

I am relieved to hear, Cassis, that your avatar is a Cumberland sausage - for a while I feared it was an andouiette (oни отвратительны!).

I guess I will have to work on my avatar a bit more.  It is sort of, erm, nondescript and not exactly hard-hitting (but it does keep reminding me of the place where I dearly want to be when I am stuck at my computer in the UK!).

[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly with your comment 'oни отвратительны'.  Heaven forbid that I should be taken for one of those! Not even on a morning after a night on the town and a bad curry.

As I always say, 'Το βρετανικό λουκάνικο είναι καλύτερο'.

Oh, I can't make out the detail but where you want to be looks nice and green with perhaps a river and a bridge.  Sort of place I like as well.