Your avatar

Cassis

Perhaps I should move this to 'netiquette'

This is not with my 'mod hat on' but probably with my grumpy old woman hat firmly attached - I think all this writing in Russian, Chinese and any other language or script the majority of readers of this board do not easily understand, is just plain rude. And before some one says it - no, I don't think its funny, what ever it says. It seems to me it's a little like whispering behind your hand, when you are in company.

A Meldrew moment [:(][:(]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Cassis"][
As I always say, 'Το βρετανικό λουκάνικο είναι καλύτερο'.

Oh, I can't make out the detail but where you want to be looks nice and green with perhaps a river and a bridge.  Sort of place I like as well.
[/quote]

I would argue that Polish sausage is better - but then again, I am biased!

As to the place in my avatar, you are right - it is on the river (Orb) and gorgeous it is too.  Can't wait a minute longer to go there next month!

[quote user="Chris Head"]

I cant do avatar

Chris

[/quote]

Try using this image, Chris.  I've reduced the width to 80px.

[img]http://www.normandie-chambres.co.uk/chrisacorn.jpg[/img]

Either use the upload from Internet option and put in this URL:

http://www.normandie-chambres.co.uk/chrisacorn.jpg

or copy and save the image on your puter and upload from there.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

"Try using this image, Chris.  I've reduced the width to 80px."

How did you do that Phil

[/quote]

Just a bit of photo editing sofware.  Takes only a minute to alter physical size, file size, image type (jpg/gif etc.) to whatever you want.  I got it for editing the website pics because it makes it easy to reduce the file size and see what degree of degradation you will get in the appearance of the image when it is displayed at a given size.  Smaller files load quicker so it's best to keep file sizes a small as poss.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I wanted a little girl belting out a gospel number  - and that's what I got!

Chris Head!  What is your avatar?  I just get a small box with a red cross in it.  This is what I think it is:-

[/quote]

Twinks, how good is your French?...

I would be careful about using acorn to describe Chris Head.

A acorn = un gland.  Correct!   But in slang French it is an insult (actual meaning will be PM if requested just to keep decorum on the forum)

I think Chris should put that picture of himself carving that totem pole.

My french is perfect Missy - I've lived here for 17 years. 

I know I can be cheeky and osé - but I genuinely thought the acorn represented the oak that Chris works with.  Anyway, why don't you just pm Chris with your avatar suggestions - he has a soft spot for Welsh girls!

[quote user="missyesbut"]

A acorn = un gland.  Correct!   But in slang French it is an insult (actual meaning will be PM if requested just to keep decorum on the forum)

[/quote]

Are you referring to calling a woman a 'con' (or a bloke a 'connard'), or is this another insult that I can use instead?  If so, please tell as I've never heard 'acorn' in French so it must be a cracker for special occasions, perhaps!

[6]

If you modify to 'pauvre con' isn't 'con' pretty mild, like 'Silly prat' or 'Silly cow'?  I get the impression that French swear words aren't, generally, as forceful as anglo-saxon.  The 'F***-off' equivalent always seems too much of a mouthful by comparison to have the same effect!

[6]

[quote user="Cassis"][img]http://www.normandie-chambres.co.uk/beryl.gif[/img]

Not quite the same somehow, is it?
[/quote]

Thankyou Mrs Animal & Phil![:D]

Now Phil, could you do that for me & not just the avatar? Please?[kiss][;-)]