What/Who are you listening to today?

Dave

Right now RADIO ONE!! YUKYUK[+o(]YUKYUK[+o(]YUKYUK[+o(]!!!!!!! so that everyone in the office can hear all about the footie!!!

Well,  I'm having the afternoon off !! in this sun!  I think I'll go for a suntan top up in the garden!... Mind the neighbours don't watch though!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="missyesbut"]

Right now RADIO ONE!! YUKYUK[+o(]YUKYUK[+o(]YUKYUK[+o(]!!!!!!! so that everyone in the office can hear all about the footie!!!

Well,  I'm having the afternoon off !! in this sun!  I think I'll go for a suntan top up in the garden!... Mind the neighbours don't watch though!!

[/quote]

Your writing has gone all mildewed. Or is that Meldrewed?

Listening to my 14 year old daughter tidying her room for a fiver and muttering.  Waiting for her to kick off and it stresses me out.

Oh she has just found her guitar under a pile of ironed clothes which are now crumpled on the floor and has started playing twelve bar blues.  Ahhhhh that's better.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Gorrucks and Boddoks are subtly different, SB.

Gorrucks is more wistful, whereas Boddocks is assertive and forceful.

Obvious, really.[/quote]

So where does utter horrocks fit in all this ? It is de rigeur in Saint Malo now. And it can be heard in all the best bars.  Vous êtes  utter horrocks

I heard a barman cry at an innocent Brit in a new St George tee shirt.

I thought that was pretty poor form,  surely it should have

been  vous avez utter horrocks?

Preparing and cooking way too many tapas dishes for tonight, getting frazzled in the kitchen.

(By the way, quail's eggs are the invention of the devil, just how do you crack the blighters without getting crunchy bits of shell everywhere)?

Listening to Zero 7 and Astrud Gilberto to lower the temperature, and sampling the sangria... I'm sure it tastes fine, but I think I might check just one more time [Www]

Ali@ards

Are you a neil young fan too, ? most people usally say neil who? dont you mean paul (grrrrrrrr) My favorite is after the gold rush. I have lisened to him almost every day since I was 10 years old from record to tape to c.d. now I pod (got to move with the times)  NO he dose not sound like a cat......... how dare you!!!( although hubby says its good music to die with) but his taste is limited only to good women Ha... my husband actually worked with him once in austrailia and didnt get me his autograph i could of killed him.

But any how thats who Im listening to today

[quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="missyesbut"]

[/quote]

Your writing has gone all mildewed. Or is that Meldrewed?

[/quote]

Very Meldrewed ! Sorry Dick!... Just can't stand Radio One (shows my age! SORRY!!!!! ) and more to the point it was at work in an accounts office !.... I'm trying to count since I don't have enough fingers to do these big numbers!....[:D]

>>>...Are you a neil young fan too, ?<<<

And I am too!

>>> most people usally say neil who? dont you mean paul (grrrrrrrr) My favorite is after the gold rush. <<<

and Cowgirl in the sand!... his album Unplugged... some of his tracks with Crosby, Stills and Nash!

>>>NO he dose not sound like a cat......... how dare you!!!( although hubby says its good music to die with) <<<

No taste them folks!!

>>>but his taste is limited only to good women Ha... my husband actually worked with him once in austrailia and didnt get me his autograph i could of killed him. <<<

Men you just can't trust them!! He worked with Neil Young! and he can't be bothered to get an autograph to his beloved! I think its your taste that needs checking up Ali!... HAHAHAHA !!!......

Sorry I don't have smileys on this machine but you'd have a string of them!!

There is a loud chorus of frogs and crickets for our evening garden entertainment....and we have had a neighbour's randy ducks chasing each other round our garden earlier. They borrow our pond in the spring for their private use but go back home for the rest of the year.

Rose Royce!  Remember them?  I'm thinking of doing my own version of "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"

Now I'm listening to French sport journalists slamming the French football team for the boring match against Switzerland.

The original "poster" who was listening to Free brought memories flooding back to me.  I think that I saw them at Reading Festival in 1972 or 1973?  Was anyone there as well to confirm this? 

On M FM (our local French radio station, they keep playing Procul Harem 'Whiter Shade of Pale'.  P.H. were at Reading as well in 1973, I think, but Gary Doodah (whatever his name was) refused to play his biggest hit, angering the crowd in the protest.

Hi Gay,

It wasn't a 40th wedding anniversary - it was a lovely British couples 40th bithday party!  We did an aperitif set around 6.30pm , jazz standards with a bit of soul mixed in.

We had a lovely meal - then went back on about 9.30pm and did a lot of R&B ( Aretha, James Brown, Stevie Wonder etc..) some pop rock a bit more soul and a couple of Beatles numbers.

Then a last mad set around 11.30pm - 1pm - Prince, Ike & Tina Turner, Jocelyn Brown, Alicia Keys loads of special requests (I  am a walking juke-box!) The musicians were folding up and I was still going.  I now know all the words to Rolf Harris' "Two Little Boys" thanks to one of the guests!! Finished off with some Janis Joplin and gospel.

It was a great party - lovely people!  A first for me in that we performed in their drained out pond which doubled up as a huge dance floor!

We were once at a 21st birthday bash and nobody would get up and dance until the DJ switched to Free and Alright Now.....the floor was soon full of all the Uncles, Aunties and Grans & Grandads[:)] we knew all of the words too....[:-))]