Political apologies

Renaud

Tony Blair has recently apologised for British involvement in the slave trade. It was a completely vile business but the British were the first country to ban it a couple of centuries ago.

This apology was pure gesture politics as the slave trade was hardly Tony Blair’s responsibility. However if he is in apologising mode, there are other things that are his fault that it would be good to hear an apology for…

Ahem. The trouble with that is that from here northwards and eastwards we have a much higher proportion of natural blonds and redheads than the rest of the country. People who come from elsewhere are still referred to as 'eastwinders'.

Somebody ought to be apologizing for something anyway.

Hoddy

The Church of England made a similar statement earlier this year  - the timing to coincide with the 200th anniversary of the abolition of slavery.

Tonly Blairs statement wasn't an full on apology either, more an expression of ' deep sorrow'. 

I can't see what there is to quibble with

What's Natalie Imbroglio doing in Iraq?

While he's on Chirac could apologise to England for supporting Scotland in its struggle against the southerners.  Or apologise to Scotland for not supporting it properly in its struggle against England.  Or both.

I get away with murder amongst my mates.  They all know I speak before I think and love me because they know where they stand with me.  I dont think it goes down to well on the forum though but I am what I am as Shirley sings.

Anyway BOT.... Who is going to apologise to the Welsh?

Them Germans, or the germanic race invade Britain, push the true Brits to the furthest, wettest corners, claim the land as theirs and you tell me the M4 is an apology?[:@]

Yeah too right, kick a dog when its down and charge us to enter our own country.  Some apology.

([:)]).  Just a little one though cos I like you.

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="Just Katie "]

I get away with murder amongst my mates.  They all know I speak before I think and love me because they know where they stand with me.  [/quote]

Oh yeah?[Www]

[/quote]

Thats what you said.  Was you lying? Do they hate me really?[blink]