Ideas needed

powerdesal

We need ideas.

Christmas dinner:-  we are fed up (pun) with the idea of a "traditional" dinner of turkey etc. The actual traditional Christmas dinner is goose but we cant get that here, cant get duck, cant get pheasant, can get turkey but dont want it.

Has anyone got any different ideas of how to celebrate Christmas with a 'special' meal. Dont even think about suggesting camel  [+o(]

Thanks nufan, but sushi is a no no. We like our fish cooked !  Salmon is great for me, especially 'blackened' salmon. Unfortunately my wife detests hot salmon. So we still have a problem, you can only eat so many gulf prawns and lobster is not really my thing (wife loves it).

Thanks all, yes we can get lamb, had it for Crisssy dinner a few years ago, it is our favourite meat.We eat a lot of it.

Goat is not bad as long as its young and well looked after, cant really tell the difference with lamb.

Beef sausage ????? Pork sausage please. We get pork without problem, sausage, loin, ham ,you name it, we will be having ham and poached eggs with champagne for our traditional Christmas day breakfast.

Roast beef is soooooo passe(accent).

Keep the ideas coming folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps Oysters ----YUK  [+o(]

pps (edit) Only the two of us, no guests, no family visiting - all together with sympathy .....Ahhhhhh  [:(]

Yes - beef 'bacon' and beef sausages were what we got for breakfast in Dubai, in a rather upmarket hotel, a couple of weeks ago. They said it was because some of the staff refused to handle pork.

We had a formal dinner there (not a Christmas dinner) with lamb steaks, which were delicious.

Can you really not get duck or goose in Sharjah? We're having goose in 50.

OMG, no not duck! That is about all you can get in our area all year round. Many restaurants offer a variety for starters and main courses of duck, duck and more duck cooked a little differently and sliced differently just to fool you.[:D]

[quote user="Meg and Mog"][quote user="Cassis"]Lay off the sausages.  What about duck?  We're having duck.

[/quote]

I'm doing stuffed duck...............i think. Lets all do Duck!!! How you having yours Cass??

[/quote]

Roast duck with apples and cider gravy.  And some sort of stuffing that Jude's not telling me about.  The dusk was fed all year on croissant and pain au chocolat from the guest breakfast table.

Have turkey with a duck inside it RH!!!  £200 that's mad!

Not decided what i'm stuffing my duck with yet. Going to bone it though. Boxing Day is sanglier.

Veggies are probably something to do with parsnips, sprouts, carrots & leeks. As they are my own!! Not sure.

Anyway it's a whole week and a half away......what's the panic [:'(]

EDIT: See everyone is having duck!!!!  Forgot to add swede to my veggie list!.