Big Brother

Will

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dotty "]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Is she out? I was watching Timewatch and missed it.

[/quote]

Who?

[/quote]

It was a really odd one I hadn't seen, apparently some Icelandic volcano erupted in 17nn and the gases were jetstreamed over England and caused thousands of excess deaths - it was the second hottest summer on record, apparently. Especially if you were near the volcano, I guess. I thought BB carried on longer, and when I changed channels it was finished.

[quote user="KathyC"][quote user="Russethouse"]

What I always felt about Jade was that what she lacked in academic education she sort of made up for in application. I think she has had two reality TV shows based on her - her beauty salon and her search for a PA and written ( ghosted ) a book. She also promotes her perfume etc, so in some ways that 'work hard to succeed' message could be positive.

[/quote]

Sorry RH, you must have a different definition of "hard work" from the one I use.

[/quote]

Well perhaps 'hard work' was the wrong expression, but she somehow has managed to make deals etc and I believe is (perhaps was is a better term) worth £4 million ! She had certainly made a lot out of a very small opportunity.

[quote user="Will "]

[quote user="Miki"]listening and half watching Folk Hibernia on BBC 4......

[/quote]

Glad to see you have the best possible taste Miki.

[/quote]

Will,

Next Fridayis J.J Cale, same time, same channel. I truly feel BBC 4 has been very good, if only for its regular good music. Damien Dempsey was on near the end and he really is supposed to be good to see live.

BBC4 is very good. Did you see the evening based around the Eagles and LA rock?

There was a short Carole King programme a few weeks ago, which was a little gem. Lots of nice stuff, but could do with a few more French movies, such as BBC2 used to show in the old Film Club slot.

Watching BB now, and the McColl is mildly rebuking her...

Jade is justifying herself - doesn't seem to think she has done anything wrong. Like every bully I have ever spoken to.

I have read that a bookie has put out a 'contract' out on her - £2500 to anyone who 'pies' her in public.

Will and Dick,

Not sure if you turned on to performance (on Ch 271) and saw Roy Orbison with several guest artists, inc the Boss, Elvis Costello and Graham Nash among others. Never saw it all but Tina said it was pretty good. Knowing Performance, it will repeated again soon.

I saw the Carole King prog (not taped, sorry) and last week, she was on again, albeit briefly with that LA programme about the 60's people. where it was mentioned how many had lived up in the hills. As you can tell, I have forgotten the name of the prog (did it show !!)

Good to see the younger faces of Taylor, Neil Young and too many to mention inc someone I used to like, having heard him play in Spain around that period, Stephen Stills, who was actually with David Crosby.

[quote user="Miki"]
Not sure if you turned on to performance (on Ch 271) and saw Roy Orbison with several guest artists, inc the Boss, Elvis Costello and Graham Nash among others.
[/quote]

No didn't see that - in fact I didn't even know we could get performance (just checked and we can). Should be repeated, I hope.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]BBC4 is very good. Did you see the evening based around the Eagles and LA rock?
There was a short Carole King programme a few weeks ago, which was a little gem. Lots of nice stuff, but could do with a few more French movies, such as BBC2 used to show in the old Film Club slot.
[/quote]

Missed the Carole King programme but the Hotel California documentary was great. It filled in lots of gaps in my memory and made me realise how I've never really appreciated the difference between the LA and SF music scenes in the 60s and 70s.

[quote user="Miki"]

Good to see the younger faces of Taylor, Neil Young and too many to mention inc someone I used to like, having heard him play in Spain around that period, Stephen Stills, who was actually with David Crosby.

[/quote]

Good to see the older faces of some of them as well; quite reassuring to realise that, if nothing else, I've aged better than David Crosby!

(On the other hand, Graham Nash has become something of a silver fox, although he has an amazingly pretentious website.)

http://www.grahamnash.com/

[quote]

Good to see the older faces of some of them as well; quite reassuring to realise that, if nothing else, I've aged better than David Crosby!

(On the other hand, Graham Nash has become something of a silver fox, although he has an amazingly pretentious website.)

http://www.grahamnash.com/

[/quote]

Hotel California documentary, thanks Kathy, simple title but ...................it's the wine you know [;-)]

Not many, I was never a Nash fan and would never have bothered to see him alone in Concert. I had a friend we all called Croz, who was a ringer for David Crosby, sadly no longer with us. Seeing James Taylor as young as that, brought back memories from many years ago. Good to see The Man, Dylan, albeit briefly as well.

You can be sure that at some time Perfromance will repeat the Roy Orbison programme.

Read Ben Eltons 'Dead Famous'.A really good story set in  BB house. I am sure most of the observations are pretty accurate,the main one being that the production company can manipulate conversations,edited and out of context, and have people voted out in THEIR preferred order.

My wife remembers 'I'm a celebrity' where the 1st voted off was showed  to be the most boring person on the face of the earth,and later seeing the others in shock that the life and soul of the group had been voted off 1st!

Mark & I thought that the Hotel California programme was one of the best things we've seen in a long time.  As was the Neil Young BBC concert shown a few nights later.  He played (as he said) "a few new songs" - Harvest, Old Man etc.  Boy, did it make me feel old!!

Saw Neil Young, in Dublin a few years ago & James Taylor, in Belfast & they were as both good as I hoped & remembered!! [:D]