What is wisdom

trumpet

After extensively, reading through a mixture of forums I have come to the conclusion that as I am only in my mid fifties I am to young for any of the forums. I also am not retired or on any kind of pension. I work but do not earn a large amount of money. (Sometimes nothing for weeks) I have done all my own renovating.  Roofing plumbing building, electric's.  I still drive an English car and have lived here in Brittany for six and a half years. I keep a vegetable garden and am always trying to find a way of making use of something.  I really do get the feeling that the forums are for more responsible people than I, and what I have done to survive here would frighten the best of you. I have made all the mistakes, believe me. I have good days and bad living here. Sometimes content and sometimes not.

Good luck to you all.

Had the question been "Who is Wisdom" the answer is a guy who made cringingly unfunny films in the 50s to which my otherwise kindly parents insisted on taking me. What is it with 'pathos'? Is that ever funny?

The guy seems quite an amiable old codger now. Beloved British institution etc.

Does the above prove that I am an older and less wise unretired person than Trumpet?

You know having been and pottered around the garden for a bit, I thought what a stupid posting I have just made. I came in with the intention of deleting the post. (Feeling sorry for meself perhaps) Too late now I will have to suffer my fate. Make it quick guy's.

[quote user="trumpet"]

After extensively, reading through a mixture of forums I have come to the conclusion that as I am only in my mid fifties I am to young for any of the forums. I also am not retired or on any kind of pension. I work but do not earn a large amount of money. (Sometimes nothing for weeks) I have done all my own renovating.  Roofing plumbing building, electric's.  I still drive an English car and have lived here in Brittany for six and a half years. I keep a vegetable garden and am always trying to find a way of making use of something.  I really do get the feeling that the forums are for more responsible people than I, and what I have done to survive here would frighten the best of you. I have made all the mistakes, believe me. I have good days and bad living here. Sometimes content and sometimes not.

Good luck to you all.[/quote]

Sounds as if your leaving us already.[blink]

Chipie

I know the feeling of wishing you hadn't posted something and can't take it back - many a time I've had that. But this could turn into an interesting thread - wisdom as being satisfied with what you've got. And knowing that you don't have to conform to a prototype. P.

[quote user="trumpet"]

....... I have come to the conclusion that as I am only in my mid fifties I am to young for any of the forums. [/quote]

Hey trumpet - don't feel embarrassed about your post, I am glad you could not delete it. People like you are much needed on these forums. Best wishes to you!       

Well Done

Trumpet......have a look at my story which is under" Exodus"

I PROMISE YOU that it is really hard making the right decisions!

Perhaps you want to tell me your story.....how you got to France....why ....where are you based.Look forward to hearing from you.

[quote user="trumpet"]

I am only in my mid fifties ... I also am not retired or on any kind of pension. I still drive an English car and have lived here in Brittany. 

I keep a vegetable garden and am always trying to find a way of making use of something.  

I really do get the feeling that the forums are for more responsible people than I, [/quote]

With these edited extracts from your post it could be me talking - albeit that my English car is a French registered RHD Citroen Saxo of astonishing age and I am not capable of renovating anything. Having said that my OH and I live happily in Brittany and have done for nearly 2 years. With the help of my OH I have tentatively started kayaking so we are not pottering about either but trying out new activities. We are enjoying ourselves.

Sue