Whats missing in your life?

Pads

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose some people just dont know whats missing in there life? it took me a long time to realiseas i have been away from my friends up north for a while now, i guess if your busy and happy you dont really think about things like this, until you do a long 10 hour night shift, with no music and no one to talk to...............Then the mind thinks about some strange things, I must remenber to charge my I pod each day[8-)] to stop me from thinking........

[quote user="Croixblanches"]Miki, I've spent several minutes reading

your last post, and trying to work out the cryptic meaning. I've now

realised, I think, that your signature is, well, coincidental rather than integral to your message to Tresco......[8-)][/quote]

It's alright Gill, I have trouble with my own posts, so don't blame yourself [;-)]

Coincidental was right.... well I think so [8-)]

I think I may have said this just a few, well a thousand times then.

I miss old friends terribly, I miss the everyday banter, the history we have

all shared, the hours in the pub, having a crack, weekends out, nights

out but the greatest thing is when we get together again, no line to

cross, we are there instantly, no effort, no trying hard, we are one

again.....That's friends, real honest to goodness  friends.

Something I do not believe one can truly recreate in France. We have some good

friends here, some nice friends here but old friends, well, 

anyone who knows what I am talking about, wlll understand.

So that's what I really  miss in my life, oh and our Sons and family certainly, now all back in the UK.

I would love FK to take me for a dinky trip into his wonderful world...

That is something I miss... a stretch of still water and a pair of oars to cut into it, watch the drops fall from the oars into the water as they come back to slice into it again and take you skimming along in the silence, freedom and insouciance of childhood.

Err, sorry...  who's next ?   [:$]

I'm really lucky on the friends front.  I have best pals in three countries now, all of whom I can get hammered, laugh and cry with.....

What do I miss?  A lie in on a Sunday morning, having breakfast in bed.....with a glass of bubbly, then chilling out for the whole day, reading the paper, listening to CD's, sleeping some more, drinking more chardonnay, sleeping some more.....you get the picture...!

How long before I can do that again?  Don't answer that, I know it's at least eighteen years.......[:'(]

[quote user="Miki"]I think I may have said this just a few, well a thousand times then.

I miss old friends terribly, I miss the everyday banter, the history we have all shared, the hours in the pub, having a crack, weekends out, nights out but the greatest thing is when we get together again, no line to cross, we are there instantly, no effort, no trying hard, we are one again.....That's friends, real honest to goodness  friends. Something I do not believe one can truly recreate in France. We have some good friends here, some nice friends here but old friends, well,  anyone who knows what I am talking about, wlll understand.

So that's what I really  miss in my life, oh and our Sons and family certainly, now all back in the UK.

[/quote]

My hubby thinks he wants to move to France, but I think this will be a big big problem for him too.  He thinks it won't but I think all the rugby club bonding has got something to answer to.

[quote]What do I miss?  A lie in on a Sunday morning, having breakfast in

bed.....with a glass of bubbly, then chilling out for the whole day,

reading the paper, listening to CD's, sleeping some more, drinking more

chardonnay, sleeping some more.....you get the picture...![/quote]

Blige me missus......best we ever had was a cup of tea and a bit of toast in bed....a glass of bubbly....then more Chardonnay...jeepers, we are from different planets!

Get the picture you say......I'm picturing our Queen Elizabeth or

Elizabeth Taylor or a yacht in Monaco...so no, the picture is all

cloudy to me [;-)]

[quote user="Rosebud"]

What do I miss?  A lie in on a Sunday morning, having breakfast in bed.....with a glass of bubbly, then chilling out for the whole day, reading the paper, listening to CD's, sleeping some more, drinking more chardonnay, sleeping some more.....you get the picture...!

[/quote]

I've been missing that all my life.  How the other half (used to) live! [:)]

[quote user="Miki"]Cassis are you saying your other half was a Monagasque citizen or Elizabeth Taylor ?  [:)]

[/quote]

I didn't mean my other half, as you well know.   [:)]  Anyway, Jude definitely hasn't got the jewellery, but she has me, of course, which more than makes up for it, n'est-ce pas? [;-)]

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Rosebud"]

Depends I suppose, how decandent is sterident?

[/quote]

Well, if you've got false gnashers like these ...

[img]http://www.mrgoldteeth.com/pimage/303b.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

There's your answer, and when she shouted Bingo, she frightened the whole hall [:)]

[quote] Anyway, Jude definitely hasn't got the jewellery, but she has

me, of course, which more than makes up for it, n'est-ce pas? [/quote]

I would like to believe that but Monaco, the tom foolery, the luxury boats..........................or Cassis.

Sorry,  two in the frame and you are, well just a touch out of first place.............[;-)]

[quote user="Miki"]

I would like to believe that but Monaco, the tom foolery, the luxury boats..........................or Cassis.

Sorry,  two in the frame and you are, well just a touch out of first place.............[;-)]

[/quote]

Excuse me!  Don't judge the goods till you see them! 

I don't live in Monaco but I have some Meccano, my middle name could be Tom Foolery, and I don't have a luxury yacht but I have about 20 Ferraris.  Plastic model Ferraris.  See - a pretty desireable combo, in anyone's book. [;-)]

Katie, are you one of them cannonballs that goes round eating other people? It is me in the picture, but it was taken when I was still only a small child.

Mrs Animal, There will always be a place for you on me little dinky! 

Do you mind if I ask is that you in the picture with the cute Spaniel? It has inspired me to write a song about an unemployed Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel living in a hostel in St Johns Wood, and he falls in love with the daughter of one of the Queens Corgis and is deported back to the Outer Hebrides in order to prevent him interfering with the royal dog.  It is entitled 'Spaniel's Leaving Tonight  On A Plane'   It is a bit sad at the first beginning, but they are re-united at the jumper factory in Stornaway.

[kiss]

• 1 year later...