Do you have a claim to fame?

Rose

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pads, it is a fire. I thought the robin was now no longer appropriate, so I replaced him with the fire to remain in keeping with the whole heating theme that is developing at Living France with all them gnomes that are going round in the nude. That Elle was so wonderful! We stayed up all night talking about inventions that no one has thought of yet (her father invented the car suspenion known as the Macpherson strut) so she was all for new technological breakthroughs. We thought up some great things that night! I thought of the space saving light bulb and a crutch on wheels that could be strapped to seagulls with broken legs and it could even be adapted to fit other sea birds. She was a grand girl indeed! I wonder what she's doing now?

"The MacPherson strut is a type of car suspension system widely used in modern vehicles, named after Earl S.MacPherson who developed the design. Though named for him, it was actually invented by an engineer named Fornaca at FIAT in the mid-1920s"

liar, liar, pants on fire................................[:D][:D]

[quote user="Frenchie"]

FK, I can't see the fire .. [:$]

[/quote]

Can you still see the robin? Maybe you want to see the robins all the time? Who knows? Sometimes I just want to see a cute wombat sitting on me settee watching Coronation Street with a bag of sherbet lemons in his little paws. That would be so lovely [:)]

[quote user="Bugbear"]

"The MacPherson strut is a type of car suspension system widely used in modern vehicles, named after Earl S.MacPherson who developed the design. Though named for him, it was actually invented by an engineer named Fornaca at FIAT in the mid-1920s"

liar, liar, pants on fire................................[:D][:D]

[/quote]

Well it should have been called the Fornaca strut then! I feel used now by that Macpherson one[:(] If I had known that her father was not the inventor of the Macpherson strut, then I would never have slept with her. The cheek of some of them women!

Just thought of another one too.

My OH was with a mate and was driving by when the attempt was being made to abduct Princes Anne in 1974. They thought it was a traffic accident and kept on going!! Didn't realise until they saw it on the news the next day.

Betty

[quote user="Pads"][quote user="Rose"]

p.s. I can see the fire [Www]

[/quote]

Yeah but can you feel it ??.....................[8-)]

[/quote]

[:D] [:D] [:D]

I'm dreaming of one... but not this winter!  But next winter OH promises me we'll have some heating in this old house!!! [blink]

I had the damned in my house for tea once .......................at the end of a long tour, the tour bus dropped hubby off near home and it broke down , so he invited them in for tea at 2am , of coarse I got up and made it .............[:-))] Eeee they were the daze

Edit : Only because I was bribed by a joint ...............................[:$]

This has got to be my last one too.

Used to live next door to Kenneth Baker, home secretary at the time but now Lord Baker. We lived in the top flat and our cat at the time (dear old Barney, now no longer with us) once climbed over the roof top and sneaked in one of the windows of Mr Baker's house. His wife then had to ring our doorbell and I had to go crawling under a bed in one of their bedrooms to retreive said cat! One benefit of having Mr Baker next door is that we had a premenant police guard outside next door, so no chance of being burgled!

At the same time we also had Robin Cook live round the corner in one direction and Cecil Parkinson lived round the corner in another. Unfortunately we lived in a flat owned by a housing assocation whereas lots of our neighbours were rolling in it! Plenty of paparazzi around at that time too.

[quote user="FurryKnickers"]That Elle was so wonderful! We stayed up all night talking about inventions that no one has thought of yet (her father invented the car suspenion known as the Macpherson strut) so she was all for new technological breakthroughs. We thought up some great things that night! I thought of the space saving light bulb and a crutch on wheels that could be strapped to seagulls with broken legs and it could even be adapted to fit other sea birds. She was a grand girl indeed! I wonder what she's doing now? [/quote]

It must be something about shapely ladies and suspensions because Marilyn Monroe's uncle started a company making shock absorbers!

[quote user="Just Katie"]I have been kissed by Paul McCartney! [+o(][/quote]

Blimey, how awful. [:'(]

I rejected him...quite fierecly if I recall correctly. Does that count?[:-))]

I've given up telling my Reggie Bosanquet 'And Finally...' moment.

[quote user="Geordie girl"]We used to have a tropical fish shop in west sussex and Phil Collins used to come in for fish etc, very nice guy. Julie Walters came in once too. They lived in the next village to us.[/quote]

That reminded me: when I worked in a well known electrical retailer in Camberley Rick Wakeman was one of my regular customers. I also knocked on the door of Gary Numan with a friend who had already been to his house but he was out (GN lived on Wentworth at Virginia Water along with many other celebs).  Come to thing of it, my dad installed a pumping station at Elton John's house there too. I may think of more when my memory gets going again...