RIP Richard Wright

Frenchie

Too mainstream for my tastes by miles with most of their stuff, but some of their more transcendental stuff hit the spot. Not that I was into drug culture of course - I thought marijuana was Herb Alpert's support band! Fave track Echoes, plus some bits from Ummagumma. Pardon my ignorance - which of the others has popped them ,too? Nick Mason is the only one I've seen close to, having almost bumped into him in the paddock at Silverstone a few years back - he's a race-nut.

Sad news, one of my all time favourite bands and seen them several times.

cooperlola2: I've heard PF called many things but mainstream ? [:-))]

You must have some very 'off the wall tastes' but then I suppose you did take Debs for a bride didn't you [:D]

Just kidding, hope she's not getting too bored.

[quote user="ErnieY"]Sad news, one of my all time favourite bands and seen them several times.

cooperlola2: I've heard PF called many things but mainstream ? [:-))]

You must have some very 'off the wall tastes' but then I suppose you did take Debs for a bride didn't you [:D]

Just kidding, hope she's not getting too bored.

[/quote]

Yes, I do have "taste" in music - I am not a person who will ever say "I do like a good tune"! Never really liked rock, or 60s English pop, although US pop pre-Beatles - who ruined pop music by making it simple, rather than the classy, over-produced studio sounds of before, so no more strings and things - was good when I was a young teen. Nor am I keen on singers. So, certain areas of modern jazz (Miles Davis, Bill Evans  - that's the late pianist, not the saxman of the same name), jazz funk (Pat Metheny, Lee Ritenour, Dave & Don Grusin, Stanley Clarke, George Duke), and some lowbrow classics (you know you're lowbrow when you prefer Rachmaninov, Prokofiev and Tchaikovsky to Mozart & Schubert). But I also really enjoy some quite modern young stuff, including some drum & bass, & garage. Kruder & Dorfmeister cut it sometimes, even Ministry of Sound compilations can be rewarding. My Skoda's lousy and elderly sound system murders some stuff, but Rach 2 by Ashkenazy is still good company on the road to Rouen!

Deb wouldn't be every man's taste - far too independent, opinionated, self-assured, lefty - great! A partner to respect! She is very, very bored. The move to Parigne, about which we heard no more Tuesday, can't come soon enough! I'm too tired to go again today, have had to arm-twist others in my place - they are short of cash, and have a thirsty car, but have helped enormously in other respects. I'm trying to sort a claim of unpaid bill (2700 euros) from a supplier  - Deb paid cash, but we have no receipt. It never rains but....