Send in the Clowns

TWINKLE

Hello!

I've been away for a while looking after my gorgeous daughter.  She had to have an operation and the best place for it was Lyon.  We have known  it had to be done since the day she was born  but still it's worrying. 

I have dreaded this moment for so long but at the same time was anticipating it so that it would be over and done with!

I've been up and down morally for the last 9 years always knowing that things wouldn't be right until this was over.  As the big day got nearer I tried to imagine myself like the guy in the film 'Life is Beautiful' where his kid thinks that all is hunky dory during the German invasion!  I did quite a good job actually. 

How on earth can I dare compare the attrocities of World War 2 with my daughters intervention I hear you say?  Well this is as near as a parent can get to a war.  All over now I'm glad to say[:)]

Thank God for the local association of clowns that came by her room two days after the op - they really bought the smile back to her face and her cheeky dispostion.

My girl is fit and well now and we are both back home  trying to forget the poor little souls who are still in hospital and who will never get better.

Twinkle, I am so glad to hear that your daughter is now fit & well & that something which has been hanging over you all, is finally over.  I can not even begin to imagine what a parent must go through if a child becomes sick or is in need of medical treatment & I think it sounds like you dealt with it incredibly well.   Basing you approach on the father from 'Life is Beautiful' was an excellent choice & I don't think anyone with kids could pick a better film in any sort of difficult situation.  [:)] [kiss]

We're going to her favourite place in l'Isle d'Oleron in August Cerise - she can't wait and talked about it a lot while she was in hospital. 

I'm singing next week Christine and actually I really do believe that I will be belting 'em out even louder, looking forward to letting off some steam[:)]

I'll try and put up a photo of the clowns later for you Steve[;-)]

Twinkle, I would have never guessed from your postings you had such a worry and burden to deal with. I am so happy to hear that it is all behind you now and you and your daughter are back safe and sound. [:D][kiss]

Can only imagine what it must have been like... very very difficult.... and as you say so many little ones that just dont get better... but I am so glad all is well for you and yours... sprinkle a bit of twinkle dust and she'll be right as rain in no time! [:)] [kiss]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Hello!

I've been away for a while looking after my gorgeous daughter.  She had to have an operation and the best place for it was Lyon.  We have known  it had to be done since the day she was born  but still it's worrying. 

I have dreaded this moment for so long but at the same time was anticipating it so that it would be over and done with!

I've been up and down morally for the last 9 years always knowing that things wouldn't be right until this was over.  As the big day got nearer I tried to imagine myself like the guy in the film 'Life is Beautiful' where his kid thinks that all is hunky dory during the German invasion!  I did quite a good job actually. 

How on earth can I dare compare the attrocities of World War 2 with my daughters intervention I hear you say?  Well this is as near as a parent can get to a war.  All over now I'm glad to say[:)]

Thank God for the local association of clowns that came by her room two days after the op - they really bought the smile back to her face and her cheeky dispostion.

My girl is fit and well now and we are both back home  trying to forget the poor little souls who are still in hospital and who will never get better.

[/quote]

What a lovely post Twinks!

and my best wishes to both you and ,the bairn.

Leo

Well done Twinks. I bet it's like the weight of a big old anvil (that you didn't really know you were lugging around) has been taken from you.

[kiss]

Hope you have lots of fun this summer with the little'un. You're heading my way you know.[:D]

Thank you for your lovely posts - they are really appreciated.

I just wanted to say that the forum has helped me quite a lot over last two years that I've been a member.  When I'm not working and my husband is playing and my daughter is tucked up in bed,  it's hard not to have gloomy ideas going through your mind.  The forum helped me let off steam and have a giggle and a moan - all which kept my mind wandering off into the black hole.

Twinkle, that is very sad to read, hopefully from now on no more black holes or need for distraction. However, I for one would be very upset not to see you posting so hopefully over the past two years you have become too entrenched to leave.  [:)] As I mentioned before, I am very happy for you and your daughter, please let us know how she gets on.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I just wanted to say that the forum has helped me quite a lot over last two years that I've been a member.  When I'm not working and my husband is playing and my daughter is tucked up in bed,  it's hard not to have gloomy ideas going through your mind.  The forum helped me let off steam and have a giggle and a moan - all which kept my mind wandering off into the black hole.

[/quote]

Well Twinks... I've only ever felt you spread a little more happiness... [:$]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

[/quote]

Yes Twinks, I know this forum has lifted you. If fact, I think you have now met half of the members[:-))]

A kiss for you and little twinks Xx and Monsieur x.  So glad the worries are now behind you and you are all hunky dorey. 

See you soon [:)] at Brittany.

Oh and will you hurry up and send my leather jacket and white sunglasses up please.[:)]

[quote user="Just Katie"][quote user="Tressy"]

[quote user="Just Katie"]Oh and will you hurry up and send my leather jacket and white sunglasses up please.[:)][/quote]

Are you finding it cold up North, Katie?[blink]

[/quote]

Nooo I just like to look styleeesh [8-|]

[/quote]

White sunglasses eh, that's truly style over substance.

John

[quote user="sweet 17"]Or more money than sense.  Sorry Katie, just a joke at your expense.  And I'm allowed aren't I as I am honorary Welsh?[/quote]

You can be whatever you want Sweetie,  I would be a bit of a hyprocrite if I did not allow people to have a pop at me.  As my mum used to say "If you don't like the taste of your own medicine................" [:)]