Ordures menageres

brit

[quote user="brit"][quote user="brit"]Paying full price for rubbish collection seems a bit rubbish when we are only there for 8weeks in a year and quite happy to take to local tip ourselves, at 91 euros for just 6months anyone any bright ideas?[/quote]

Oh well at least I'm paying into the French system somehow hey ho![/quote]

I wouldn't worry about the snide comments which seem to take up 90% of the posters time here either. Guess they are stuck indoors with nothing to do.

Cathar Tours wrote : Wow. Perhaps at your age it's best to not drink and use a keyboard.

At your age haven't you got something better to do with your time than to hassle posters who have done you no harm on a forum that you (obviously) deride ?

If you go back in this thread and read all the snide comments relating to the original post then then you must be so incredibly blind not to see your problem. Some of course, are easily lead and once they see a couple of people post snide comments obviously copy them unable to think for themselves.

All that was required was a simple answer something like "Sorry, no you can't.".

Seems to me, as proved by betty's comment to me, that if you haven't got a few thousand posts here your fair game for having the micky taken out of you and insulted left right and centre. Perhaps those people should remember that they were first more ignorant than they are now with regards to France and French things and that being like they now are just puts people off posting on the forum. To take the absolute biscuit they then go on to complain that another forum from which they have been banned or allegedly left of their own accord was a click!

By the way betty I have a job, you know work, something you probably stopped doing a few decades back. I have a few days off and would not have even bothered to post anything but then I saw all these snide posts. To think we were told to respect our elders then you read this little lot.

Outburst betty? Outbursts typically come from angry people, no sorry I was just stating a fact. The forum is littered with posts where you lot have jumped on somebody and "ripped" them apart with some simply taking the piss and from what I have seen it has become more the norm.

Take you for example. I mentioned that my dad used to pay for his rubbish via his house tax bill. It was then removed and paid separately and his house tax bill went down by said amount. You replied in a very condescending way.

"Thanks for that, Cathar...but..Having owned a home for not far shy of 20 years in France, the cost of waste collection has always been invoiced to us separately"

Funny enough directly after that there were two posts, one from somebody who has lived in France for almost the same time as you that said,

"My taxes ordures ménagère come included in the taxes foncières".

and another

"Ours is included in the TdH".

Any acknowledgement afterwards that you might be wrong, no of course not even though the proof is right there. Just one of many examples (in general) although on this occasion it was me that was on the receiving end. So I guess even owning a property in France for 20 years does not always make you an expert on everything French. Just like if I stayed in Germany for 20 years it wouldn't make me an expert on Germany and certainly 18 months in France means I know little or nothing about the place but then on the other hand my dad is not a liar which is what your post implied.

Oh and by the way I do happen to know that in my dads case he gets two collections per week for just under 160 Euros per year paid in two six monthly instalments. Seems your being ripped off there.

You can't call someone a troll for finding it amusing that someone is complaining about paying for refuse collection when owning a holiday home in France. LOL

Next people will be saying that they want to pay pro rata for the police and pompiers because they only spend 6 months of the year in France. What about social services ??? The average holiday owner does not use social services. Why should they pay ?

Dear oh dear campers. Get a grip.