Death of Coalition or....

mint

With all the UK papers saying what a wonderful chap Cameron is at the moment because of his 'NO' vote this could be his 'Falklands' perhaps i.e. if they fall out now might be a good time to call an election especially after Milliband saying Cameron was wrong to vote the way he did.

[quote user="Gardener"]I hope it does last. At least the Lib Dems in a coalition can rein in the nasty party a little bit.[/quote]

Can they?

They got absolutely trounced in the local elections so what would happen if a general election was called?????

Cleggs seat in Sheffield looks as though the legs could fall off.

I do not think they dare do anything that might cause an election so they will jump up and down a lot and that is it.

Is it too cynical to think that those who have office in the government like the little power they have, not to mention the salary and the ministerial cars, to give it up ? I think most of the disagreements will come from those further down the party who recognise that they have very little hope of being re-elected.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]Is it too cynical to think that those who have office in the government like the little power they have, not to mention the salary and the ministerial cars, to give it up ? I think most of the disagreements will come from those further down the party who recognise that they have very little hope of being re-elected. Hoddy[/quote]

No Hoddy, more like the truth. [;-)]

[quote user="Renaud"]Nick Clegg just wants to be a european commissioner. He has no other hope of a political life after the next election.[/quote]

Roll on the next election then!

Can't be having this coalition which, as compromises go, is as ridiculous as it is untenable.

I imagine there are plenty in his party who would want David Cameron to go for an election ASAP . While the Labour and Liberal parties still have the leaders they have now. . A freezing cold and wet  day end of January that would keep Labour and  Liberal voters indoors would do very nicely for the Tories I should think .

[quote user="Frederick"] I imagine there are plenty in his party who would want David Cameron to go for an election ASAP . While the Labour and Liberal parties still have the leaders they have now. . A freezing cold and wet  day end of January that would keep Labour and  Liberal voters indoors would do very nicely for the Tories I should think .
[/quote]

Good idea, whilst you still have the chance of voting; if things get worse sarko could just impose Nicky on you.