LF - New Website and Forum

I have had nothing but trouble with this new set up! had 2 passwords and now find that to sign on sucessfully(have LF included a spell check .......may save a few arguments! but then the gramatically correct brigade??  enough said!), as i was saying, I find that I have to go on the link in my email that was provided with my password....are you all still with me?

I also find the system very slow and one other whinge is that the type is very small and pale in ink colour.

Still I suppose not being on line for over a week has made me read more books and when I have only been able to read posts and not respond,have been able to bite my tongue

see,it is that slow that I sent it twice!!!!!

I am now using another pc so at least I can see who is posting and follow the threads - mind you the Knighthood one  was interesting when I couldnt see who was posting, I played a game of trying to guess who was who (or is it whom?) - pity a couple of idiots turned it into a bitching session, still unsure of the reasons why, but no doubt a glass a red was involved and boredom!  My boring day yesterday was put into perspective when I watched the news and saw those atrocities in Sudan, puts things into perspective does it not?

Well I have a very, very slow 56K modem, gone are the days of ADSL and almost instance info.... so for me to use the forum is very time-consuming, but hopefully FA are on the case.

deby

[quote]Would be interested to know if others got their emails with new passwords or had to seek them like me.PS I like the new layout but it is so slow I will fall off my perch waiting for each topic to load...[/quote]

Well I got the promised email for my second name (one I use with the laptop) so e-mailed the forum and eventually got another email with my main user name.

I just can't quite get the hang of including the quotes but will keep trying.

The control panel also seems to not work for me and I can't get a look at my inbox.

Agree it is raaaather slooooooooooow!

ho hum, will keep on trying

Gill

I see a number of people are complaining about the slowness of the new site, I just wonder if the problem lies with their computers. In fact I find the site faster than the old one, but I am on Broadband.

Some week ago I was infected with a virus that I could not remove. So I took my computer to my expert, who in fact spends his days removing viruses from company machines. Whilst fixing my computer he also cleaned up all the rubbish that had accumulated over the last couple of years. The first thing I noticed how much everything had speeded up. I know everyones computers gather lots of rubbish which can take up masses of space and as I am no expert, I will use the services of my expert occassionally to carry out this task  as cost is very reasonable.

Like most things computers need servicing and if one is not an expert then let the professionals do it and you might be amazed at the improvements.

Baz

Sorry to do this but my Avatar is not working so here is a test to see if it is - I'd like to add something really useful but cant think of anything just at the moment.

Deby,

That's some place you have got there, don't know about 'Senior Member'  I think you should have Marchioness Member

Hi everyone - nice to be back - but need to whinge!!!

new forum is soooooo difficult to read - text too small, not enough contrast between text and background colour.

I agree with just about every other complaint regarding slooowness and user friendliness.

Mind you I always hate anything different until I get used to it!!!

Regards

Val

ps I feel very hard done by - can I have my posts back please!!!

I am also in whinge mood as it is raining and wanted to finish staining outside windows and wash the bedding etc etc etc,so i thought i`ll have 1/2 hour on LF.........still can`t sign on without going to the link in the e-mail with my pass word,then I get on and am sure the print gets smaller each day and more faint(sp) I notice that some posters seem to be able to use larger type, do we just go to play on the tool bar  . whinge over ,going for a cup of tea and a ginger biscuit.

I've just logged on in Explorer, and I still don't have a toolbar or emoticons or anything like that.

Opas - you HAVE ticked the box that says to log you on automatically when you return? It's under the password box on the login screen.

I must say that the site looks a lot better in Safari than it does in IE.

[quote]I am also in whinge mood as it is raining and wanted to finish staining outside windows and wash the bedding etc etc etc,so i thought i`ll have 1/2 hour on LF.........still can`t sign on without going...[/quote]

hi Opas,

but at least you have your status as a 'supreme being' , I've lost my posts and have been downgraded to a 'junior member'  sob! sob!

regards

val

[quote]I've just logged on in Explorer, and I still don't have a toolbar or emoticons or anything like that.Opas - you HAVE ticked the box that says to log you on automatically when you return? It's under th...[/quote]

I use Mozilla and I don't get tool bars, emoticons, supreme beings... is it enough to make me switch back to IE... perhaps not! A lot of software is only developed (or at least tested) against IE and Netscape Navigator nowadays hence the variable displays.