Christmas already!

SB...I love it! I love seeing the Christmas decorations, gives you a nice warm Christmasy feel. I went to Nimes yesterday and was almost tempted to buy something for the tree but I didn,t ..but I will do next week.

Do admit though, the decorations and Christmas stuff are starting to come out earlier here than they used to . When we lived in England I used to have all my cards writen by the beginning of September..haven,t touched one yet.

Only 8.5 weeks to go (approx). Saw my capon running around in a field last week, must go and order him...mmmm

Janey

Are you sure that she didn't say "that tree needs some lights?"

Mind, with rather a lot of kiddlywinks, she probably said "keep your hands to yourself, Buster .."

I really want to decorate the outside of the house this year.  Santa, reindeers, flying pigs, flashing blue, red and white lights etc.  Shame I'm not common.

"Prince Albert introduced sapins to Britain, which prompted Queen Victoria to famously say "there was a tree in the marriage"."

SB, you're spot on with the first observation, that's a recorded fact.  But what sources are you relying on for the second???   Shome mishtake her shurely?

Yes, how's the new house?

M

I racked my brain trying to work that tree thing out and all along it was about the royal menage a trois. You are trop mystère for me sometimes.

Now please explain phonetically what pbuh is, I am gurgling and spitting it out in differing ways, bunging in a Parisien accent and even trying a cross Charlie boy-Indian sound, mixing it all up with a jolly good Sloane accent and with my eyes very coyly looking at the carpet, but I can't make it work. Please help........................

pbuh is "peace be unto her", because dear Di is dead.

I blame Margaret MWJ, who is in Arab dunes afar, among the swaying palms, surrounded by enigmatic camels forever scanning the horizon, and sultans in flowing robes outside their tents, glancing in to watch their wives belly-dancing happily and sensuously around the central bath of enigmatic camel milk.

What was I saying?  Ah yes, Muslims, and Mohammed (pbuh), after whose name you must say pbuh.  I think.  Don't know how to say it in Arabic.

I think we need a MikiCam, don't you?

Actually, there are some people in England who never took the Christmas lights off their houses after last Christmas! Yes, there are houses with grey icicles dangling down the front, here and there. We noticed a local town had put the decorations out the other evening, but not switched on. I find it depressing. I really don't enjoy Christmas shopping, I'd rather give when I see something I think would be appropriate for someone than have to rack my brains, scour the shops and then end up giving something totally useless! I keep telling everyone not to buy my Christmas presents, as I end up with things that are bought for the sake of it. Actually, I've said this evening that I'd like my own electric drill as the one we have is past its best. I'd rather have useful things. The Tree will go up as late as possible. I wish I had a porch or conservatory so I could stick it in there and not have to rearrange the lounge into a squash to find space for it!

Yep - Bah Humbug! That's me.