Outcast...castout?

If I were being perfectly honest, I would admit that much of the time I don't actually understand what Mr O is saying.  In fact, I remember once posting "translation please?" after one particular outburst of gibberish.  But he does add a certain something to the discussion.  Can't he be allowed back under strict probation?  M

Oops, bit of linguistic regression there.   The first time I heard "cagibi" I thought someone was talking about the KGB, then I decided it was "cage à billes" for reasons best known to the dark recesses of my brane, and I kind of got stuck on that.  Perhaps somewhere to keep your marbles so they don't get lost.

One was assuming that one had shut him up in a broom cupboard.

And I still can't remember the difference between a magnet and a lover.   If anyone has any handy astuces, please pass them on.

i did not want to be the person who took this topic onto another page. That's the price you pay for having a laugh sometimes.

However. Regarding outcast, and the hints here he might be able to come back:

He has had 2 identities already, not counting when he shared with Mrs O (Opas). To me that adds up to at least 8 warnings, not counting any he got when he posted as Mr O under the name Opas. This reckoning does not include the countless deletions he has had, which sowed so much discord threads have gone haywire, and had to be deleted I include myself in this. I have responded many times, because I was driven to distraction. Stupid, I know. Am I part of his downfall? I don't know, or care.

I care a bit about the deceptions, and lies, with regard to the other identities he used before he came as outcast. Even looking back at the posts as Mr O under the user name Opas, oooooohhhh , nasty, and expressions  like 'half breed' just jump out to me, I only see them on far right wing sites. t

Thats it. I hope I never have to hear from him or speak to him again. I do not want to see him quoted by his wife (opas) again here, he is banned. And as a firm anti banner, who has consistently said there is room for all opinions bla bla, for me, now, thats it.

post added to/edited

I don't mind differing opinions at all - in fact I do enjoy them.  I do not even mind the banter and some friendly muck-slinging.  I can even take a little abuse.  Outcast got too personal.  I miss him being a little contreversial (sp) but he could have been so without being so offensive.  Its o.k to muddy up the waters sometimes, I like to spar myself, but he did cross those lines too much.  I am not talking about being politically correct either, sometimes we should 'stuff' being politically correct. However Outcast did not 'tolerate' other peoples' views as much as he liked or expected to be 'tolerated.'  That for me is the reason he should stay banned.

By all means come back and question/probe/debate but also respect other opinions or at least when in conflict use words that are NOT offensive - you can still be yourself without a **sser.  Just folllow the guidelines.

If Outie is listening, I am not talking about censorship, or coming back with tail between legs, its obvious you have struck a chord or three here, so there is a place for you, but tone it down a bit and don't be so god damn rude!

Deby (17 Charente Maritime).

The first time I heard "cagibi" I thought someone was talking about the KGB

I'm pretty sure I first came across it in Flaubert and it's been one of my favourite words ever since.  But I'm very concerned that it may be overtaken in everyday usage by "debarras".   Though the latter is surely much larger than a "cagibi" and lacks the charm and delicious smell of old dusters and polish.

And whilst I'm here I would like to make a formal retraction of my suggestion that Outcast be allowed to return.    My logic at the time was "better the nasty troll we know than the one we don't know" but it was flawed and I can see that now.

M

i’ve been watching this and another french forum for the last few months keen to joining but unsure.  the other seems to be a TotalFarse.  people back stabbing each other, fisticuffs all the time, departing as they have become so disillusioned with the site, pretending to eat pretend cakes in a pretend cafe.  the other day somebody posted a departure message which disappeared shortly after i saw it and he/she has not posted again (ask yourself – i assume “moderator at work”).  so much of what people write there gets deleted.  also noticed outcast made just the one post there (not to his liking I guess).

anyway, my point is not about the other site (which I mention for comparison) but that i think this site should be proud that they had an code of practice that works, that when action becomes necessary its open and this thread shows that people can then discuss stuff without breaking into fist fights, talk in a polite manner maintaining a sense of humour.  well impressed, some adults at last.

congratulations and i hope to be contributing and joining in here a lot more in future.

beth

Hey - WELCOME TO THE FORUM !!!!

Seriously though, there are now so many French interest forums that should be a forum to suit everyones requirements and we co exist in a friendly manner with several.

You are right, we have a clear code of conduct but frankly I think all the mods would rather spend their time looking for ways to improve the forum than enforcing the C of C.

Happy Posting

A few points Beth.

1. Outcast made one post, attacking a TF member and was banned again (He had already been banned under two other names) but forgets that pc's can be recognised.

2. The member who left also posts on this site, Deimos, I think he removed his post, not the forum admin. I won't go into the reasons why as we are on a different site. The mods on TF have until recently not been needed in many cases, but I agree over the last two months there has been much infighting.

3. You may mock the Virtual Cafe, but it gives people a place to chat and discuss things, without opening unnecessary threads or hijacking others.

LVV

[quote]LVV said (He had already been banned under two other name s) but forgets that pc's can be recognised Is it possible that someone stole both his identity, and his computer?[/quote]

What, you mean 'it's not there in france'

This thread is clearly tittled  Outcast...Castout I should have thought that to anyone who has been a contributor or even a lurker of this forum would have got the general idea of the subject matter.

If posters have not got an interest  in or dislike certain members posts /subject matter.....then they know what to do....go to the next one!

Mrs O

Fine,but you can use a web link to hide the computer id,and you can hide it from an isp too,sad but true,they encrypt the site, that said byeps outcast and when I say outcast,I mean the member outcast only received "2" warnings before outcasts registration on this forum was removed.

Ask the mods for ALL the reasons outcast was cast out,if you darenothing to do with forum rules,slight of hand,re someone contacting the EDITOR and going over forum admin (and the mods)head.Have you received an email from LF ed?think about it,outcast is a good lad who speaks from the heart

As the rule is '3 strikes and you are out' two warnings would be perfectly correct.

I am a great believer in 'to thine own self be true' and I am happy that the member known as outcast was dealt with not only fairly, but with a certain degree of leniency. The correct procedure was followed and it is not up for debate.

As for the editor etc getting involved, I think you are over estimating the importance of this matter by a very long way.

Please remember this section of the code of conduct:

Users must not post messages which;

- Impersonate or represent any person or entity in an attempt to deceive, harass or otherwise mislead another member.

That includes pretending to be a new member if you are not.

I think there is too much being made out of this forum, it is not the end of the world if you get barred from LF! Surely people have more in their lives than this? I would not give a pigs blister if I were booted out!

I think you should find other interests like making snails or breeding cheese, I work as a volunteer at the Samaritans and I love painting myself! Last tuesday I painted meself a lovely pale duck egg blue, and went to LeClercs for me Gigots (they are not as good as Champions gigots, but they had none) I am painting my neighbour in the nude tonight (after my Ovaltine) I don't know why she won't let me keep my clothes on while I paint her? she is a bit strange, but she has lovely features.

You know what they say qualcast "a bird in the hand gathers no moss as it rolls in the bush with a gifted horse"

[quote]Fine,but you can use a web link to hide the computer id,and you can hide it from an isp too,sad but true,they encrypt the site, that said bye ps outcast and when I say outcast,I mean the member outcas...[/quote]

Only one question. Why would anyone want to go to such extreems to post on this forum? It's not as if it's anything special, just a forum on France.

I think outcast/padraig/suis la is showing signs of the early stages of Forumania, a recently recognised type of obssessive - compulsive neurosis.This can be fatal, as reported on a New York man who was found dead at his computer, having contributed to 40+ forums for months, going without food and sleep. His wife would bring him his meals but eventually he didn't touch them. Motivated by a need to belong to the forum communities, and to be in control. So be warned, Mrs. O. Make sure your husband comes to the table for his meals or the consequences may be fatal. Pat.

Sorry, coming in late on this thread.

I have read Outcast's postings for the past few months that I have been a participant on these forums. I did find some of his postings a little offensive at times and only after reading them a couple of time, I took them with a pinch of salt and genuinely thought : 'Poor guy! Outcast by name, outcast by nature'

Which makes me wondering if the 'nickname' used by contributors to these forums, is a disguise to their characters as persons...

So who else out there has a 'nickname' hiding their inner most feeling! and/or obvious trait of character...