London attacks

Blimey oh Reilly, perhaps more comebacks than The Cream, Renaud

I also took note that you were not having a dig at anyone. I also am not having a dig when I say this, in the years to come I am pretty sure this incident will probably see more than 3 million people who could have been on that bus, that tube at that time etc, really not a dig but for sure that is what will happen. Not the same thing I know but I believe 5 million people now say they saw Bob Dylan on the IOW.......

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Blimey oh Reilly, perhaps more comebacks than The Cream, Renaud I also took note that you were not having a dig at anyone. I also am not having a dig when I say this, in the years to come I am pretty...[/quote]

Miki - Why does nearly every post of yours have to have sarcastic implications?

Whilst this site provides some very useful information, some posters can make finding that information very tedious.

Both my sister-in-law and a very good friend could both have been sitting next to one of the bombers (if they were luck enough to get a seat) on the Thameslink train from Luton to Kings Cross, depending on how much before the tube journey they arrived there.  My friend would also almost certainly have been on the Moorgate tube had she not decided to nip into the M&S Sale before going into work!!!

The fact that these bombers were British citizens could, I fear, create a terrible backlash of hatred in the UK.  OK, not amongst the more educated in society but some morons are now going to have even more reason to hate anyone who looks as though they come from Pakistan, Afghanistan, or the middle east in general, even if they do have a broad Yorkshire or cockney accent.  Even my husband, who is not in the slightest bit racist, made a comment today about thinking twice about sitting next to someone of pakistani origin on a crowded train or bus, especially if they were carrying a rucksack or bag.  And the reality is, that there are going to be 1000s upon 1000s of people fitting just that description in our cities every day and 1000s of people who will feel like my husband, they may not take any action, but I bet they'd get up and move to another carriage, if not another train.  This is in no way meant to be offensive to anyone, but I believe it IS a fact of life, whether we find it acceptable or not.

".....Miki - Why does nearly every post of yours have to have sarcastic implications?

Whilst this site provides some very useful information, some posters can make finding that information very tedious"

I personally don't actually believe they do nearly all have sarcastic implications but there you go..........

Shall we discuss you now ?

Why do you persist in asking so many simple questions ? "Some posters" can also find that extremely tedious, especially when, either the answers are found on the search facility or are blantantly obvious to anyone. A lot of your questions can be found by asking locally, that will help you a lot more than simply looking for every single answer on here. Yes, partly the forum is for finding out answers and for others to give useful information (unlike your post against me and interfering in someone else's little verbal battle) but many of your questions could quite easily have been found without asking on here and believe me and with the best will in the world, asking directly to whoever, can often be better than some of the answers found on here !

What is scary, Coco, is that there has been an outbreak of attacks against Sikhs and Sikh temples.

No kidding?   It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.   You'd think the turban would give it away, but maybe that's just me. These people might well despise me because I don't know important things like who won the FA Cup in 1997, or the World Cup in 1966, or who's the manager of Sunderland United or Alloa City.

From a German website, a song by Brian MacNeill, written about the Guildford 4 and other similar cases:

'Cause any Mick'll do, any black, any Jew
Any poor soul who's not like you
They're down from the trees and they're up from the bogs
They come round here and they steal your jobs
They're all the bloody same - just no' the same as you

And when a scapegoat's what you need - any Mick'll do.

Plus ça change.   

"shall we discuss you now?"

Thank you Miki.Fortunately others are more helpful to those that ask 'blatantly obvious' questions as you put it. I can only assume you had nothing better to do than search my profile and see what posts i've previously made, as any questions i have asked have been very few and far between and certainly a lot more infrequent than the sardonic replys i've seen from yourself. EVERY question asked is always blatantly obvious to those that know the answer. And the answer to ANY question can always be found from more than one source. Still, i'll try very hard not to ask any more.

As I mentioned before in my previous posting. I believe the real reasons behind so called terrorist attacks are not to highlight a cause or to kill for the sake of killing, but to create division, hatred etc... Well it certainly seems to be panning out that way reading some of the comments on this subject. Whilst 'terrorists' assasinate one another with bombs and weapons, are we not doing something very similar to each other on this forum? Are we not trying to assasinate one anothers characters under the guise of a bit of good humoured banter? Look at the UK press and TV. Up Until the London bombing, any crimes reported did not usually detail the alleged offenders name,creed or colour. Now we have asion faces splashed all over the papers and telly. Why? I mean why the change in policy? Let's all wake up and smell the coffee. Their are serious changes going on around the world, and in our back yards and we allow them to happen because tragic events 'happen' which conveniently take our eyes off the ball by making us fight amonst ourselves.

"....Thank you Miki.Fortunately others are more helpful to those that ask 'blatantly obvious' questions as you put it."

Yes I never help anyone, I shall try harder in future.

If you wish to criticise anyone, you must be prepared to accept criticism back or do you feel you are above rebuke ? A simple look at your posts was required to see if you were as kosher and as smug as your post to me, it wasn't, so I gave you my thoughts about you...simple really. If you can't take it, don't give it.

Cyclebum, I'm interested in what you have to say, particularly since I spent over twenty years working with young people, many of whom were from ethnic minority groups.

About seven years ago, I went to see the local MP to discuss the grave concerns that I had and his response was to tell me to be careful not to be racist. I felt insulted because I knew that he knew less about it than I did. He talked to community leaders, I was in daily contact with kids from 11 to 18.

When I express my concerns socially I am sometimes joined by people who are clearly racist and so a proper discussion is very difficult to have. I hope that we can all keep calm and try to be as clear headed as possible about this or we're in for even worse trouble than we have already.

Now we have asion faces splashed all over the papers and telly. Why?

Perhaps because it just happened to be Asians who did it?    You wouldn't have seen Asian faces in relation to bomb attacks in London 15 years ago, because at that time it was the IRA, and they were all white.  I don't see an issue there.

Of course every Asian isn't a terrorist.  But it would be equally ridiculous to deny that there's a risk from al-Qaida, or from the madrassas run by groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba.  The evidence is in front of us.  And who are they going to choose to indoctrinate and do their dirty work for them?  Most likely Asians, of course, in this case young, clean-skin Asians whom nobody would ever suspect.

As you say, there are changes in the world, and that's the one we're living with right now.

[quote]"....Thank you Miki.Fortunately others are more helpful to those that ask 'blatantly obvious' questions as you put it."Yes I never help anyone, I shall try harder in future.If you wish to criticise an...[/quote]

I wasn't criticising, merely making a comment - I'm not the first/only one to have noticed this and my post certainly wasn't smug. I never said you didn't help anyone, i said a lot of your posts are unnecessarily sardonic and i stand by that.

For the sake of everyone else who reads this site i would suggest you air any of your grievances in a PM to me. Meanwhile, i'll expect you'll want the last word on this - previous form shows you invariably do.

So let's get this right, yours was a comment (didn't come across as such though, comments are slighly different) and mine is a criticism, strange thing this English language and trying to come to grips with it, is it not ?

How bland it is, just bring in what "others have said", they must be brought in to try and back up your "claim"

Stand by what you like and I'll stand by what I said as well. You start it all up criticising me (yes, sorry no way could it be simply thrown in as a comment) about something that had nothing at all to do with you and you say I am sarcastic, well you are off to a great start, you have already had digs at someone else for not answering your post properly (another one of my hates on here)as well as at me. So look in the proverbial, matey, And oh yes, thanks for taking note about what I have done in previous postings, nice to know one reads my posts, however much you don't like them.

Do 'ave a bonne fête. If you are unsure what this is, ask what it is is in the Post Bag, someone more au fait with France than I will tell you, I will merely say "ask at your Mairie" that is a good stock answer !

Whoops I have had the last word...............or have I ????????

More sarcasm. You just can't help yourself.

Having the benefit of a degree in French means i know the meaning of "bonne fête" but thanks for the advice in seeking assistance.

You obviously enjoy such playground antics in public but like i said PM me.

Awaiting your last word....as ever.

[quote]Miki - Why does nearly every post of yours have to have sarcastic implications? Whilst this site provides some very useful information, some posters can make finding that information very tedious.[/quote]

**Miki - Why does nearly every post of yours have to have sarcastic implications?**

I merely consider the source and ignore him. He can go play with people who care what he thinks and rise to his bait.

Ah but I was talking about the little girl who lives down the lane Although, come to think of it some silly bugg er has wrote Mairie on the building in town, zer stoopid French

Looks like I have it wrong again SB !!

And the same to you Ray.

Strangely and this is no “bait” as you put it, you often have sly digs at folks and being a Yank, I truly believe that you think it is your duty to be the forum policeman ! As well of course, as trying too much to defend the indefensible as well.

Sorry Ray but I also feel you like to stir up and retire, so do have a good look at yourself before aiming arrows at someone else.

“More sarcasm. You just can't help yourself.”

And I thought it was comment or better still, just a simple retort.

For one with a French degree you are showing a complete lack of common sense on how to use it. Surely you should be ringing the authorities for the answers to many of of your questions but are asking us mere mortals on here, now that is bizarre however you look at it.

Please remember lavie, you started this with your criticism (forget comment that’s total b*****s) are you prepared for comments on all you post, that’s fair I think. It works both ways n’est ce pas ?

And don’t try silly statements like “last word” it is school playground times when that kind of childish comment is used.

I realise it is hard to get on with all on here but in general I have a fairly good rapport with many, if it doesn't suit you two, so be it but at least you should agree, that I have the right to defend myself from people like you who merely want to side against whatever I have to post. You must realise that to attack someone verbally will mean getting some back. Or do you expect to go in to a pub have a pop at someone and then walk out without retort ?

My first reaction to seeing me in quote was 'wow my spelling is pants.' The press TV and by their actions, the Police are pointing the finger at the Asians. At the risk of repeating myself, normally the name creed and colour of an alleged criminal is not normally given to us the public. Now we have a cascade of information. Knowing the problems this  can and is causing, I have to ask why a shift in policy? Before coming to France I lived in an area that had the highest concentration of Asians living there. I am not about to say some of my best friends are Asian as they are not. I have no Asian friends. I did not like living in that situation so left. I have no love or hatred for any ethnic community. Perhaps that is racist I don't know, but for the media and Police to suggest a certain sector of the community is to blame when previously this blame policy would not be followed must surely raise questions. I believe I know some of the answers. We are being led into an allyway of hatred and judjeing by some postings some of us are allready half way down. Voila.'Terrorists' succeed! Terrorist attacks are not a change. People have been murdering each other for centuries. This is done in order to bring about change. To discover what the change is don't look to the 'terrorists', they merely fire the bullets. One has to look higher, the bullet makers and it's not necessarily the Bin Ladens of this world.

I think you may be mistaken in saying that race is not an identification factor. You often hear on TV/Radio news items concerning crime that (for example) 'Police are looking for two White/black/Asian youths' in connection with the crime. Why should this be any different? Creed is not normally used but in this case where all those identified as bombers are muslim and it is a known fact that almost all suicide bombers are of that religious leaning, then surely it becomes a pertinent factor of the enquiry?

Good advice Ray and i will be taking it.

"better still, just a simple retort." - like a playground game. Those that like the playground can find others to play with.

"And don’t try silly statements like “last word” it is school playground times when that kind of childish comment is used." - It's sooo true though. You ALWAYS have to be the last to answer in every post you disagree with!!!

As i said before, if you have a problem PM me.

Otherwise please consider that many other people have to read through this.

"Good advice Ray and i will be taking it"

But you haven't taken it?

"And don’t try silly statements like “last word” it is school playground times when that kind of childish comment is used." - It's sooo true though. You ALWAYS have to be the last to answer in every post you disagree with!!!

I'll tell you what, you can have it if it pleases you so much to have it. There, can't be fairer than that but have another go back and...... that's the way it is !

"As i said before, if you have a problem PM me"

I don't have a problem though and sending you a P.M you does not appeal thanks.

"Otherwise please consider that many other people have to read through this"

So am I missing something that you cannot see the irony in what you have said there ?

I certainly don't mind calling it a day but do remember, if you want to criticise anyone's posts or them personally, then as I said then for goodness sake, do get real and expect something to come back.......... even if it is the last word which incidentally, there would have had no need to be if you had kept your nose out of other members disagreement.