play.com ....

Tourangelle

Used them many times over the past 2 years (DVDs and CDs) and have always found prices cheap and delivery fast. Another one is Cd-Wow - I tend to buy from whichever is cheaper. I have dispatched several times to friends and relatives addresses in several countries as presents and everything always turns up on time. 

ive used them about 6 times in last 3 months, within that time i have only had one problem, a french verb book i ordered had been dispatched and it didn't arrive, i emailed the customer service team at play, and they emailed me back within an hour to say they had dispatched me another one, to there credit this was free of charge, i thought this to be very good as at the end of day they only had my word i hadn't received the book.

So to sum up no grumbles from me.

Emma pons 17

Bought 100s of DVD and CDs over the years (only just noticed their name has changed from play247.com!) delivered both to UK and France.  No problems and if there has been a quick email has sorted it out.  Bought a couple of books recently too.  Would recommend them to anyone.

[quote]looks great. Delivery is included in the price displayed and it seems cheaper than Amazon too. Has anybody used it? (if you have had a bad experience I'd appreciate a PM!)Thanks[/quote]

Nothing but praise from me!

I had placed an early order with choicesdirect.com for Christmas 2004 but no delivery by mid-december... They kept telling me the Christmas rush at the Post Office was holding delivery up...

Ordered the same from Play.com: delivery arrived before Christmas!

Eventually got my money back from choicesdirect, but had to send numerous emails and make tel calls from France to get it sorted... No prizes for guessing where my money goes now!

Clair

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

My mail from the UK takes 8-10 weeks due to our location in Turkey.  I have ordered several items from Play.com and I highly recommend them. 

I too once emailed to say I had not received a CD and they sent a replacement immediately.

That sort of service gets my vote!....

When I first saw this thread I tried them and was impressed. Not only have I purchased a few times (always very quick) but when I called re an out of stock item they were very efficient in responding which I found surprising for an internet based “stack and ship” type organisation.

I did read somewhere that Gordon Brown is trying to close the tax free loophole that allows such companies to operate from the Channel Islands – he is trying to start taxing them.

Ian

Can anyone help me with an internet supplier of more serious academic type books (eg Psychology) which does not charge p and p. Amazon usually have what I want but their p and p often removes any discount advantage that is offered. Play.com does not seem to have the depth of catalogue though their prices for other stuff are generally very competitive indeed.

Thanks

[quote]Can anyone help me with an internet supplier of more serious academic type books (eg Psychology) which does not charge p and p. Amazon usually have what I want but their p and p often removes any disc...[/quote]

Have you tried looking on www.amazon.fr under "livres en anglais", postage on books from this site is free!  I have recently bought a number of TEFL books which might have been more expensive per item than the .co.uk price, but lack of p&p and speed of delivery made up for that and worked out very well.