Can I buy silver coloured kitchen appliances in France...?

[quote user="Opas"]Blimy Bassman, what did you say, even him indoors lasted longer than that![/quote]

I made a post, and some pompous donkey replied that he couldn't be bothered to read it and I was wrong anyway blah,blah, blah etc.etc[8-)] so I pointed out that he was a err pompous donkey so they deleted my post and finito [:-))]

I only looked at this thread because I could not belieeeeeeeeeve that Mr Korrigan was seeeeeeeeeeriously asking about silver kitchen units... [:-))]

Hey! AI plays an important part in the forum world... where would those AI members go if they hadn't got AI... gulp... [+o(]

Hmmm... and where would banned CompleteFarce members go... [6] 

[quote user="Bassman"]

[quote user="Opas"]Blimy Bassman, what did you say, even him indoors lasted longer than that![/quote]

I made a post, and some pompous donkey replied that he couldn't be bothered to read it and I was wrong anyway blah,blah, blah etc.etc[8-)] so I pointed out that he was a err pompous donkey so they deleted my post and finito [:-))]

[/quote]

Couldn't resist!!  Bassman on a pompous donkey!!  [:D]

p.s. I know it's not actually a bass - but hey, what do you expect!!

[quote user="Ty Korrigan"]Yes, thats the latest numb post on A.I.
  Evidently a couple with serious priorities getting the 'really important things' ready before making the big move...

[/quote]

But Ty, even though it appears I only joined recently (because somehow I lost my original sign-in) I was one of the first ten members of this site some six years ago and believe me, there was many a post like that.  Just ask Will if you don't believe me: 

Q:  "White goods - can I bring my fridge from the UK?" 

A:  Yes you can

Q:  But how? My fridge has a 3 pin plug on it

And no, they weren't havin' a larf.  They really thought that it would be easier to buy new appliances than to change plugs.

When I was a student nurse (many years ago) we were told during our training to have empathy with the patients, stand back and remember that what was everyday life to us in the hospital may be a once in a lifetime experience for the patient and that everything to them would be new and therefore mysterious/confusing and even frightening.  Once you've been here a while you really can't believe that people can ask such dumb questions, but I suppose if it's all new and a bit frightening, you can ask what appears to the likes of us to be the most stupid, shallow and pointless questions.  But to these people, selling up and sailing for the new world [;-)] they need even their most basic questions and fears allayed. 

Best thing to do if it annoys you, ignore it, don't bother to read the posts, but don't take the p*** out them, it's important in their world.

Dear St Amour,

You are a Saint and I am a bad boy who loves to tease.

I wish these no harm to come to these innocents and long may they thrive (I give it 3 years).

They don't annoy me but give me a small pleasure.

I have been trying to get my French lass to sign on to a forum for French ex-pats living in the U.K to see what numb questions are asked by our alter egos...

Prehaps....

Can we buy andouillie/steak cheval/pissenlit salad in U.K supermarkets...?

Will we die of cholestrol poisoning if we eat British food...?

Can I drive my French car on the right...?

Who are my english neighbours?, I have lived here 5 years and have never met them.

Bisous

xxx

[quote user="aliards"][quote user="Bassman"]

[/quote]

Couldn't resist!!  Bassman on a pompous donkey!!  [:D]

p.s. I know it's not actually a bass - but hey, what do you expect!!

[/quote]

I like it [:D]  It would need to be a bigger donkey though [;-)][:-))]

Yes you can. We purchsed all of our appliances in France. I would also look online for big savings. Our Smeg oven cost 300€ less online. Stainless stell is called INOX here.Try searching via yahoo.fr shopping (keelko). Remember the model numbers differ from Europen goods and British goods. Check out a few manufactures websites (in .fr) to find what you afe after.

[quote user="Ty Korrigan"]Yes, thats the latest numb post on A.I.
  Evidently a couple with serious priorities getting the 'really important things' ready before making the big move...........

[/quote]

There is another French forum( the name completely escapes me now) which I joined a while ago.

Someone asked where they could buy German products, I jokingly sugested Lidl.........they were euphoric to descover they were in France too!