1 YEAR CONTRACT!

ace85driver

Hello All,

Moving to Paris  for a year, a quick in and out. I was wondering if there is are any items that are a bit more difficult to find or too expensive that I should consider bring with me from the States. Electronics, underwear, toiletries, mouth wash.....bad joke

you get the point

any feedback would be greatly apprectiated.

thank you

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Benjamin,

Been all over the world brother and  I really only have one worry. I am worried about wasting time looking for some bullshi* item when I should be concetrating on travel.

Here is the bottom line Benjamin......

You can't buy Jamon in the States.

Don't even try buying premium vodka in Brazil

Dont't even dream about finding DRY non roll on Deodorant in Amsterdamn

and forget about public restrooms in London

Now the correct response should have been something along the lines of this.....

Uncle Benny says "Ace, I would consider bringing a GSM phone with you since the price of mobile phones are OUTRAGES in France." Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring some dry clean bags since dry cleaning in France is nearly 6X more than you would normaly expect." "I wouldn't want the ladies to see you in a wrinkled shirt, given how handsome you are you would want to make a good first impression.  Thirdly, you will find most electronics competitve in pricing but you will lose any saving in the exchange rate."

Ace's reply: "Thank you, Uncle Benny that was very helpful."

Is it just me thinking this or do we have another Searcher or 5 ?

The population of France seems to have shot up in the last few days. No gentle Egger style ' i'm moving to France and...'posts but straight in.

I don't mind helping anybody if I can but I'm reserving judgement as to whether all these newbies are really genuine.[:)] Good questions though!

No offence intended - just an observation.

Perplexed............

Genuine about what? I'm confused.....

Genuine about cell phone's, dry cleaning, breifs or boxers. Why in the name of Goodness would anyone take the time out of their day to make that up?

I'm just looking for a some information on convenience items that might be a little difficult to find there. That's all folks! How this turned into some debate on how genuine I am, I have no idea. But lets say for a second that I'm not "genuine" What difference would it make if you said, " you know what Ace I have a hard time finding the Gillette Quatro series shavers and Snickers candy bars.

Now I'm so paranoid about how genuine" I may not be.

Subconsciously convincing myself that I’m not “genuine”

Conversation with self:

"Ace"….."Umm yes Ace; Are you genuine about shipping a one year’s supply of Quarto razors?”

"Ace,"  “I’m not so sure, how genuine should one be? "

"Ace.".. "yes Ace." "You should truly believe without wavering that you are genuinely and whole heartedly  genuine about you razors."

"Ace"…."yes, go-ahead Ace." "I’m not so sure I’m that genuine."

Hmmm....

Well then Ace; you are not genuine!

Hey there Ace,

I suspect it doesn't take too much to confuse you! You checked your private message box yet?

Euro to a dollar you're an internet freak. I know Yanks and I've been there and carved with them lots of times and a genuine Yank would be only to happy to talk. Let me call ya?

Chris

FRENCH MOBILE LANDLINE OR VOIPSERVICES!

Since everyone is in such a helpful mood. I also need a solution to this issue. I might as well take advantage of this audience I seem to have captivated. How I’ve captivated this audience I have no idea.

I was wondering if someone may have some information on local mobile servies offered in France. All French  mobile/voip/landline websites are obviously in French so much has been "lost in translation."

Here is what I'm trying to do:

Forward a US number to a French Mobile or VOIP or LANDLINE

So I need one of the following things:

1. Find a French Mobile carrier that accepts all incoming international calls for free, no matter where they are coming from. This would be the most ideal.

or

2. A VOIP that offers free call forwarding and free incoming (international incoming).  

or

3. A French Land Line that offers free incoming (international) and call forwarding to a French Mobile

[quote user="ace85driver"]

.... " you know what Ace I have a hard time finding the Gillette Quatro series shavers and Snickers candy bars.

[/quote]

Gillette Quatro is SO yesterday!!!! here in Europe we have now five (5) blades on the same razor, plus a single one on the other side,  to reach the most difficult places!!!

"...is the first shaving system for men that combines revolutionary blade technologies on the front and on the back of a single shaving cartridge to deliver the best manual shave ever"

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Hey Guys! I just talked to Ace and he

sounds like a really nice bloke, he's just a little perplexed at

European life and is simply worried about the change in culture.

I have extended my apologies and my invitation to him.

[/quote]

This is good. We should always seek to extend international trust

and understanding. Particularly in these dark times. One thing that Ace

might like to consider bringing with him (assuming that he is partial

to it) is that Goobers peanut butter and grape jelly spread. I've never

seen that in France and I am prepared to believe it might even be

illegal here. Even if it is not, it would be mildly amusing to see the

look on the faces of some Parisians when presented with it.

I agree. There have been a few posts in recent days that suggest

someone is either writing a book or running an information service.

Something in the manner of writing that I can't quite put my finger

on...

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Hey Guys! I just talked to Ace and he sounds like a really nice bloke, he's just a little perplexed at European life and is simply worried about the change in culture.

I have extended my apologies and my invitation to him.

[/quote]

So ........... , sounds as though he passed the interview.

Next?