Enough with the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clair

These last two days have produced the worse weather I've seen since moving here...

The wind kept me awake most of the night and I could swear I've just seen next door's kitten fly by...

The rain is almost horizontal and I don't know what blue sky is anymore...[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1196.gif[/img]

What is it like in your part of the world?

Just the same.  Our builders left some months ago but sadly the 3rd window which turned up was the wrong size and we are still waiting for it to be fitted!  It is blowing a gale both inside and outside the house.  Also, somebody's dog has escaped and is running about in our garden so I've spent most of the day on the phone (when the power hasn't been off.)  Humph.

Its about 12 degrees, the sun was out first thing but we then had a bit of rain. The wind has whipped up since lunchtime and the ground is now properly wet , the first rain here for ....well forever! Canigou has only just got a smattering of snow on top , which is very late.

I was going to the potager to prune the fruit trees but the wind is too cold for me!

Lots of rain in Brittany, haven't seen it like this for a few years. Similar problems with EDF for the last 2 weeks lots of powercuts which were not properly resolved, resulting in a sous tension yesterday grilling the milking parlour, 3 washing machines, a computer, oven, telephone/fax and several phone lines in our little 4 house village.

Hi Clair,

It's been fine and sunny in North Yorks today with blue skies. Same expected tomorrow!!

However Sunday looks terrible and i've got to drive to London in the morning, then to Bristol and back to North Yorks in the evening.  Hope the winds behind me.  Don't like driving into the sun especially at this time of year and with driving south that's what I face if it's too bright.

Have a good weekend.

David J

PS The ducks will like it!!!

It feels like its been raining here in 79 for days.  It did however stop for all of 12 hours, but came back with lots more mud and sliding about.

Still its only going to get colder and with that icey conditions.

I have to look on the bright side and say, oh well we need the rain.

Yesterday a friend and I took our mums to Caen for a bit of shopping.  Mine needs a wheelchair to get around the shops and the two of us must have looked like a comedy act in the carpark trying to put the wheels on the chair and open it whilst holding an insideout umbrella due to gale force winds and the rain coming down horizontally in such gusts that I felt as though someone was just throwing buckets of water over me.  It didn't let up ALL day.  Today, a day at home, the wind has dropped completely and the sky is clear blue![8-)]