Re: In a puff of smoke.

Clair

[quote user="WhizzerandCo"]...to date, I can't remember one single thread that was ever put back on once removed.[/quote]

That's a bit unfair! The same thread was returned to the forum by James last week after a clean up...

Please bring it back - although the original question was a bit daft it caused some good discussion as well as going off on a couple of good-humoured and witty tangents. Don't let a couple of individuals mess up the forum for the other however many thousands there are of us. 

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="WhizzerandCo"]...to date, I can't remember one single thread that was ever put back on once removed.[/quote]

That's a bit unfair! The same thread was returned to the forum by James last week after a clean up...

[/quote]

Did it leave, I never noticed ? Posts just semed to be deleted as it went along, I am not having a go at that but personally I must have missed the thread being taken completely  away for a "clean up"

[quote user="verviale"]Miki, dare I say, I think your last post on the thread was the final nail in the coffin.[/quote]

You've whetted (did I spell that right?) my appetite now.  Can we see that one in isolation and then have a vote?

It's so frustrating to follow an interesting, contentious, but ultimately fruitless spat (Miki's word) over a few days and then when the fur really starts to fly, to see (or rather, not see) it zapped.  Very stupid of me to be doing other things during the day.

p.s. For what it's worth, my opinion on the whole thing is that there wasn't actually much difference between 'both sides' when you picked out the salient (rather than the emotional) bits from the various posts.  There was just no 'meeting of minds'.  I suspect that many (incl me) didn't contribute because there were so many verbal missiles flying around and that's the problem when threads like that (nothing against the OP) deteriorate: everyone feels as though they have to have the last word.

My post got deleted last tuesday,but to be fair it was off topic, it was all getting a bit serious for my liking and I told someone to lighten up, but , as much as James must get that Monday morning feeling when he logs on, it does keep him in a job and he seems a real cool guy.

[quote user="Tresco"]

[quote user="WhizzerandCo"][quote user="verviale"]Miki, dare I say, I think your last post on the thread was the final nail in the coffin.[/quote]

Yes, it was surprise though wasn't it Verviale and to my mind, it was also well out of order.

[/quote]

Whizzer,/Miki are you saying you were out of order, or are you talking about a different post made by someone else, a few posts earlier?[:D]

[/quote]

No Tresco, I am saying that the one from a Mod was out of order and the reply to another member, as you say was a very polite request. I think that may have been the last one ? Or was there more?

I have pm'd several members as the last post on this thread was made by me as far as I could see.  No one seems to want to answer my questions.  Should I just not bother on here any more, or have I lost the plot.  I'm a big girl, ok not that big, but I can take it on the chin.

Ta Dotty.

I was going to suggest the culprit poster buys prezzies for everyone but then remembered posting some rubbish this morning whilst rather blurry eyed, so bad punishment idea … Though I had my eye on a shiny number in next weeks soldes.

Dotty, if you think you are the guilty one, I'll send you a pix of the shiny number if you like![:D]

[quote user="verviale"][quote user="Just Katie "]

Sorry guys, I hope I don't upset anyone here but over the last few weeks, I could not be bothered to visit because of the endless photos of dogs and ducatis.  OK, it pleases some people but hasnt really got that much to do with France, then a topic comes up that is more in line with this forum and although I admit I did not see all the thread, it gets taken off.

I agree with Tresco that the mods should go to sifting school (proud you remembered that one Tresc[:D])

[/quote]

Just Katie,don,t visit the photographic section,I adore animals and have paticularly enjoyed seeing the photos but it is not everyones cup of tea,you could say the food section is not paticularly french when people are asking where to get suet which is virtually unknown in the french kitchen, you just have to participate in what interests  you, but I do not think anyone would bother with the forum if they had no connections with France.I wish it had been around fifteen years ago, I so struggled to get info, we did not even have an english translator at our signing, how things have moved on.

[/quote]

Yes Verviale, that is my exact point.

[quote user="Tresco"]

[quote user="WhizzerandCo"]

Is this a private joke or did it happen whilst I was on compulsory vacation ? What is a sifting school ?

[/quote]

T'was a comment Katie made after a previous thread went the way of some threads. You were there too. You always are though[:P]

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/814526/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

Oh  to have such a memory. I think I might have been  saving with Betty for a nice big clique [;-)]

[quote user="Dotty "]

I have pm'd several members as the last post on this thread was made by me as far as I could see.  No one seems to want to answer my questions.  Should I just not bother on here any more, or have I lost the plot.  I'm a big girl, ok not that big, but I can take it on the chin.

Ta Dotty.

[/quote]

Ooh you fibber Dotty [;-)] I will PM my request for my pressie later when I have looked through the jolly old Printemps store. [:)]

[quote user="Tresco"]

Dotty, you didn't do anything wrong!...

LG If you will jump up and dance the second someone gets out their accordion, don't expect sympathy here. We will just laugh at you, however glittery your top is.[:D]

[/quote]

Tresco

The accordian players fled, fearing for their 'instruments' after 2 numbers but that did not deter me. 

However, I need another shiny number before I hit the dance floor again. Must keep the 40 sth flag flying during those hip tunes.

Oh oh, I feel a delete coming on[;-)]

Twinkle, I have just told Verviale, "That is my point" God what do I have to do around here to make myself understood?  I am sitting here ripping my hair out honest to god I am.

Let me make myself clear, there are many things on this forum that has nothing to do with France.  This thread HAD something to do with France and it all got pulled instead of sifted.

Twinkle, could you explain how I have been trying to one up on the mods please?  I think I have always been very respectful to them and if any of them disagree, I would appreciate it if they would let me know by pm.

Right, what have you been taking photos of today?