Too Bizarre!

Arrived back to our teeny hamlet from the concrete jungle having bought grass seed to a chap leaning over his car looking as if he was 'waiting' for something/someone.

The French number plate raised alarm bells (those in the know will understand)...I'm out of the car and there like a shot asking what's the problem?

The couple turn out to be delightful, they've bought a house here and can't find it! They were only twelve clicks out, not too bad considering they'd travelled halfway around the world to get here, the bizarre bit is that they are forum users (no names), how did they find their way to our tiny bit of in the middle of nowhere? She knows me from the forum and I know her/him/they!

The co-incidence is just too great.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's Karma........................!

My bizarre moments:

Whilst in Dubai a few years ago my wife walked into a major hotel to use the loo and in there met somebody she'd been on a training course with in UK a few weeks earlier. Neither knew the other had any plans to visit Dubai and this was my wife's first and only time there.

After knowing my best mate's father in law for well over 30 years a chance comment just a few month's ago revealed that his brother lived in the very bungalow owned by my parents having bought it from my mothers estate when she died in 1968  This is in a town of some 60,000 BTW

Whilst clearing out an old shed at my current UK property I discovered a newspaper from 1930 something but dated the exact same month and day that I found it................now that was spooky because I had put off that job innumerable times over the previous about 3 years.

I have a feeling this thread could run and run.............[:D]

Incidentally Chris, if you haven't already you might like to revisit this thread : 

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/906706/ShowPost.aspx

I never read your reply Ernie, thanks for taking the time out to post that again...my apologies for not having picked up on it. I'll look at it properly tomm, the shapes and forms are too important for a knee jerk comment.

I'm still really jittery with the coincidence....

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

I've met up with one of our esteemed Mods and her OH for the last three Sundays at one of the cafes in St Cyprien, not that it's spooky, we've been trying to meet up for 18 months or more!

I can't say who she is but she's the one in the Dordogne obviously .........

[/quote]

Do you talk about us behind our backs?[:D][:P]

Twinkle, we're not the only users of this Forum that meet there and we talk about gardening, places to eat, families, visitors, what's happening the following week, which artisans you can rely on - anything you like EXCEPT the Forum, no reason to talk about it really.

I wont be there either this week, off to the big gardening fair in La Bugue.

[quote user="Hoddy"]I shan't be in the cafe this week, Chris. I'm off up the A20/E9  to investigate a group that seems to be forming in a certain little hamlet somewhere in the vicinity of La Souterraine. Hoddy[/quote]

I was supposed to be doing that group this weekend, but I've got to vote instead!!! [:(] [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/dressed/bek073.gif[/img]