Angloinfo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Gluestick"]

a whole series of inane witterings masquerading as wisdom.

[:D]

[/quote]

OY, I have posted on AI (Normandy) in a previous life and none of my posts were "inane witterings masquerading as wisdom", there was no masquerade involved at all  [:P][;-)]

I just wish that AngloInfo had a less ugly logo. In fact the look of their site is a long way from elegant. This might seem trivial stuff but whilst they look so "pasted together on the kitchen table" I think that they will struggle.

To be taken seriously one needs to look confident and grown-up. 

That too, is true. I remember a topic from a year or so ago  where someone posted saying that they urgently needed a hairdresser who could put right what another hairdresser had put wrong. As it were.

I think there were a few recommendations and then the OP's mother posted along the lines of "I am so pleased I have this forum to glean an insight into what my daughter doesn't get around to telling me when we speak". Only it was wittier than that, laugh-out-loud funny to anyone who has a "less is more" approach to keeping parents informed of the minutiae of life.

The maternal post was deleted. The OP told me her mother had been advised that her comment was "off-topic". [:-))]

Still can't work out where the 18,000+ members come from and other better sites have only a few hundred. Obviously self inflated statistics. I still like the moronic questions like where can I buy milk from or are there are mechanics in Brittany,anyone would think France is further than outer Mongolia from the UK.

[quote user="Paysages de France"]I keep having my contributions pulled on this forum for some very bizarre reasons. [/quote]

If you mean AngloInfo then I have had a couple of contributions pulled aswell - and I was only replying to a query someone made about a car I was selling. It is very difficult to 'get it right' with AI, they seem to interpret their rules in a singularly bizarre fashion. And I am usually so boringly law abiding.

Sue

[quote user="Chris Head"]

What happened to the 'no discussing other forums rule?'  [/quote]

Ohmigawd; and I've just this minute said how law abiding I was. It's living in France what's made me do wrong; I never used to be this bad.[blink]

Sue

Seems to be, Chris. With certain exceptions, of course!

Brittany more than most it seems; but that was 'cos it was cheaper.

However unfortunately, there does appear to be a pretty good spread of Dorky Brits all over la belle France!

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Michaeleff/EmoticonTongueWag.gif[/IMG]

I am so angry with AI.  They will prolly cancel my membership after this post.

Yesterday someone I know advertised her dog on AI as the people she had rehomed him to have decided after over a month that they dont want to keep him.  I rang her to ask about why etc.  She told me that she cannot have the dog back and so therefore if the ad doesnt work immediately, then as soon as he comes back she is having him euthanased(sp?).  Now I dont agree with what she proposes but I already have 4 dogs and one I am fostering so have no room at the Inn.  I am asking around friends etc to try and find somewhere for him to go.

Anyway AI deleted her ad because it didnt have his tattoo or chip number listed.  For gods sake!!!  This little dog is going to die in the next few days but AI must stick to their stupid rules.  I am speechless at the heartlessness of them.

Gail xx

That site is so pathetic now. I replied it was possible to buy cranb erry juice here and it got deleted. The people that run it are making fools of themselves now, they won't have any intelligent responses left soon, just the marmite morons.

[quote user="Mel "]

Dorky Brits?

How do you qualify for that one?

[/quote]

Join a certain alternative forum and well, post threads about marmite, cheddar cheese, how to be able to watch a series of intellectually stimulating soap operas and this sort of stuff.

It also helps greatly if you post legions of responses to innocent and naïve new arrivals about French wiring, plumbing, regulations, cotisations etc, but naturally know nothing much about the subjects you are posting on!

This is the ultimate in Dorkiness!