Leaving the UK

audiop

Is it neccessary to inform anyone in the UK when you move permanently to France ? I was a carer on income support in the UK and am running a business now in France. I have been here nearly a year now and I'm thinking that maybe I should maybe have informed someone !!!!

Read the post before you reply! - I was a carer on benefits in the UK, of course I notified them when I stopped caring !

And of course we have registered our business here in France, the question I was asking was not to do with either of these issues - no wonder you are "puzzled" I rather think "puddled" would be more appropriate !

[quote user="audiop"]

....................................... the question I was asking was not to do with either of these issues - no wonder you are "puzzled" I rather think "puddled" would be more appropriate !

[/quote]

I'm 'puzzled' as to why you mentioned those issues....................given that you now state that they have no relevance to the point you were raising.

Or am I puddled too....................................................................[Www]

oh, on the original point, you did let the milkman know, didn't you...................[:)]

is it worth ever asking for info on here anymore with all these know-all types.

Unfortunately I can't help as i'm not permanent yet so browsed for info myself, these forums are becoming rather tedious by these forum police types, GET A LIFE

can someone shed any light on this please as I too would like more info

I was asking what I believed to be a straight forward question so I will reiterate that question - do you need to inform any UK agencies that you have left the UK ? That is all I would like to know.....sorry if the question has been asked before but that does not negate my need for an answer !

[quote user="audiop"]I was asking what I believed to be a straight forward question so I will reiterate that question - do you need to inform any UK agencies that you have left the UK ? That is all I would like to know.....sorry if the question has been asked before but that does not negate my need for an answer ![/quote]

Banks & Building Societies where accounts are held,

Government Pensions,

DVLA for driving licences and vehicle export,

Inland Revenue,

Credit Card Companies,

can't think of anything else at this time.

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="audiop"]

....................................... the question I was asking was not to do with either of these issues - no wonder you are "puzzled" I rather think "puddled" would be more appropriate !

[/quote]

I'm 'puzzled' as to why you mentioned those issues....................given that you now state that they have no relevance to the point you were raising.

Or am I puddled too....................................................................[Www]

oh, on the original point, you did let the milkman know, didn't you...................[:)]

[/quote]

big words eh, well, got there in the end and got a proper reply 

Bugbear
Joined on 15/11/2006 with Posts 2,422

[quote user="Bugbear"]

[quote user="audiop"]I was asking what I believed to be a straight forward question so I will reiterate that question - do you need to inform any UK agencies that you have left the UK ? That is all I would like to know.....sorry if the question has been asked before but that does not negate my need for an answer ![/quote]

Banks & Building Societies where accounts are held,

Government Pensions,

DVLA for driving licences and vehicle export,

Inland Revenue,

Credit Card Companies,

can't think of anything else at this time.

[/quote]

Really? I've been out the country for 10 years and never bothered telling them. Oops.

R.

But, Coops, we only get uppity when you deserve the uppitiness.  On the whole, I find people on the forum really helpful and friendly.  Only exception is when they get hold of the wrong end of the stick or get hypersensitive (for whatever reason).  And then it's THEIR problem and NOT ours![:D]