Statistique ethnique

Missy

Bonjour,

Le ministère de l'identité nationale prend une mesure pour distinguer les individus en fonction de leur couleur de peau, en fonction de leur religion et en fonction de leur origine : la statistique ethnique...

Cette disposition de la loi hortefeux a fait l'objet d'un recours devant le conseil constitutionnel.

Une mobilisation massive est necessaire pour empécher une telle pratique.

Signez la pétition sur www.fichepasmonpote.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearing in mind that wherever one goes and whatever one wants in the UK from (e.g) NHS, they instantaneously shove an ethnicity form under your left nostril!

Which I devoutly bin!

That said, seeking to find out the colour of people's skin is surely discrimination (Racial) under the European Human Rights Act?

Not, of course, that France is too bothered about European laws.................................[Www]

[quote user="tj"]I think any measure that tries to redress the balance, in favour of the root nation is a step in the right direction.[/quote]

How gallant of you to stand up for us "root French"!!!!

Aren't you  sort of shooting yourself in the foot a little bit though???? Unless you are French yourself, of course.

[quote user="sweet 17"]So, what IS the real issue?  Perhaps you'd care to spell it out?[/quote]

I think its rather insensitive of you to pursue your line of questioning, since the real issue is abundantly clear to all, and if not to you, then you really should'nt involve yourself.

[quote user="sweet 17"]So, what IS the real issue?  Perhaps you'd care to spell it out?[/quote]

I think its rather insensitive of you to pursue your line of questioning, when the real issue is blatantly obvious to most, and if not to you then I think you should'nt involve yourself.

Silly me, not only am I missing the point which is "blatantly obvious" to others, I am "insensitive" to boot!  Will now slap myself on the wrist and keep quiet as I think that is what you expect me to do.  So, now tell me, how do I change my skin colour?

[quote user="tj"]

I think its rather insensitive of you to pursue your line of questioning, when the real issue is blatantly obvious to most, and if not to you then I think you should'nt involve yourself.

[/quote]

tj... you read/sound a little curt ... It is a perfectly valid question that Sweet17 is asking... what do YOU think is the real issue here... unless it has touched a raw nerve with you.....

[quote user="woolybanana"]There is only one test that is relevant and that is one of fairness.[/quote]Quite, Woolyb, although I guess one might misinterpret the word "fairness"!

I have signed the petition, Missy.  I thought we had moved beyond ethnicity questions in the modern world.  Whatever next?[:@]

[quote user="tj"]

[quote user="sweet 17"]  So, now tell me, how do I change my skin colour?[/quote]

Not quite sure what you mean by that?

[/quote]

If you don't get the point that poor people who are discriminated against can get rich, uneducated people can get an education, people who live on the wrong side of the tracks can move house, people whose skins are not white can do damn all about their skins, then what else can you want to know?

Anyway, you have told me I should not involve myself in this and you will be pleased to know that this is the very last thing I have to say on this subject.[:@]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

[quote user="woolybanana"]There is only one test that is relevant and that is one of fairness.[/quote]Quite, Woolyb, although I guess one might misinterpret the word "fairness"!

I have signed the petition, Missy.  I thought we had moved beyond ethnicity questions in the modern world.  Whatever next?[:@]

[/quote]

Gosh Coops, I never thought of it that way. Perhaps we might have a better word then: even-handedness?

Though after the below I am very troubled:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7088325.stm

Come on: let's flush it out into the open!

The colour of a person's skin has absolutley nothing to do with what that person is: or how they behave or how intelligent or unintelligent they are!

All that matters is what sort of person they are!

Period!

Unfortunately, France has a big problem: it has allowed far too many of the Wrong sort of person to migrate to Metropolitan France from other countries.

What I mean by "wrong" in this context has absolutely nothing to with these people's race, skin colour, religion or whatever. Simply, they are not sufficiently qualified to follow the French lifestyle and be self-supporting. Please, no one take this as an intended criticism; take it as meant in the spirit of what can be supported, funded, merged and etc.

Now, what's occuring is a sort of ethnic Knee Jerk reaction, whilst Government seeks answers and the rank and file French man and woman rails against "Migration" from the simple perspective of high taxes and cotisations and etc.

In other words, they (French Government and many of its people) are seeking a Scape Goat! The government to "Blame" (politicians are very good at Blame Transferrence!) and the voters to make themselves feel better.

For many years, France was a country where all sorts of people, who were prepared to truly integrate, learn the language, study and work hard, could find a life for themselves and their families.

Which was exactly why, for example, in the mid to late 1800s on, Paris was a wonderful melting pot of talent,  philosophers, free thinkers, radicals (like Lenin), the arts, creative business and the self-selected objective of so many different races fleeing from persecution or whatever.

Unfortunately, Western Europe is quite near Africa: and the migration of poor, uneducated, people seeking a chance at life has become a flood, aided and abetted by open borders which created, have created and threaten an end to the European social state, since it can't afford the cost.

This is so sad, because for many years, France welcomed anyone, Martian, Venusian whatever, all provided they truly integrated: France was far more "liberal" in this sense than Britain, for example.

Sarkozy's government are now pursuing a Right Wing agenda, to appease those voters who swung to Jean Marie Le Penn, previously and provided Chirac and chums with a clear wake up call, causing him to create a loose coalition of centerists.

Whether it's right, fair or whatever doesn't really matter: it is a fact of life, unfortunately!

All that said, I still believe that this action is clearly against the European Human Rights Act.

Hopefully, the French and other European Left Wing will take this cause up.

Perhaps Sègoléne Royale and M. François Bayou will have much to say about this travesty of injustice and political grandstanding!

[quote user="cooperlola"]

...I thought we had moved beyond ethnicity questions in the modern world.  Whatever next?[:@]

[/quote]

They can be very useful in highlighting areas of discrimination.

I doubt that's what the Ministry of Immigration, Integration, National Identity, and Co-Development will use them for though. 

That name reminds me of some Orwellian Ministry names...[:(]

Tj why don't you just explain to people what you mean? You're very vague about this thing that is 'blatantly obvious'.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

That said, seeking to find out the colour of people's skin is surely discrimination (Racial) under the European Human Rights Act?

[/quote]

Guilty M'Lud - I discover this every time I look at someone - except those that are wrapped in a blanket of course. As ever it is not the gathering of info that is the problem rather the use to which that info is put.

A. Person with a lightish brown face that is slightly more brownish in the summer months.

not