Sarko - my theory

Kitty

I have been wondering why Sarko married in haste.  And so here is my theory.

Rich, ambitious and successful men need s*x, power, celebrity, money - regularly.  They can get power, celebrity and money reasonably easily.  But s*x, that is safe s*x, is not so easy to obtain.  They can pick it up from cruising or buy it from a prostitute but they run the risk of being found out.  If they take a girlfriend now and again, she can sell their story.

So Sarkozy had to marry for guilt-free s*x with someone who enjoyed the activity as much as he did.

Am I right?

[quote user="5-element"]

Cathy, wrong.

According to Cecilia, he likes a change, always has an eye for new ladies. So, safe sex with the same person would be the last thing on his mind.

[/quote]

Maybe he'll get variety with the girl that he's married?

I hear he wanted to bring the female over here to visit Liz II and Phil, but to stay in same bedroom  (thus gain kudos), had to marry the wench! Liz and Phil they say no to same room - no  certificate no room!!

Mind you if I were she, marry Sarko, have a good couple years as No.1 Lady, divorce, get loads of dosh, and no probs. Sounds a winner to me.

[quote user="Russethouse"]I'd like to see a picture of his mother - his ex and current partner could almost be twins ! He certainly goes for a 'type'[/quote]

But don't we all?  Certain looks or personality type will have an appeal to each individual - Mr Cat's whiskers did it for me!! [:D]

[quote user="jon"]

And why not.....what is wrong with romance.

Why all this negie stuff again.People do fall in love and its not all about trophies.

Thats a very grumpy attitude

Maybe they are happy...that is possable

[/quote]

No; there is nothing wrong with romance.

However, in this case, the lady is reputed to have enjoyed dalliances with at least some of the following:

Kevin Costner; the publisher Jean-Paul Enthoven, whom she was living with:

And then "Falls in love" with his son! Raphael Enthoven (10 years her junior) and they had a son: he
divorced his wife  Justine Lvy to marry Bruni..

She is also alleged to have enjoyed arrairs with Louis Bertignac, Mick Jagger (Jagger's wife acknowledged his affair with Bruni was one of the reasons for their separation), Eric Clapton, Donald Trump, Léos Carax, Charles Berling, Arno Klarsfeld, Vincent Perez, Guillaume Canet, and former French Prime Minister
Laurent Fabius.

OK: so she has trouble making up her mind!

Hardly the stuff of a president's wife?

In my personal view, Sarkozy has brought the French presidency into extreme disrepute as well as destroying his own credibility and his political opponents will now set out to destroy him!

This aint a soap opera or media hyped celebdom!

It's serious power politics at play.

[quote user="Gluestick"][In my personal view, Sarkozy has brought the French presidency into extreme disrepute as well as destroying his own credibility and his political opponents will now set out to destroy him![/quote]

I agree, Gluestick.  I am disappointed with his deception.  He deceived the electorate.  He would not have been elected if he had married Carla before the election.

I think they deserve each other. 'Birds of a Feather' etc. The divorce the book the tabloid articles are inevitable and so yawningly predictable. He has 4 years left and the real question is will he implode before that? I used to believe he might actually provide the change France needs. What we actually have is an egotist, wallowing in power, bent on self gratification and supported by folks of a similar ilk.

[quote user="Christine Animal"][quote user="Christine Animal"]

Here's his mother Gay

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhjx3_enfance-de-sarkozy-dapres-sa-mere

[/quote]

I've changed the previous photo to a video Gay.

[/quote]

He is a real little charmer isn't he ? Softly spoken, all smiles  I'm not sure about his mother but about a third of the way though there is an elderly couple, grandparents perhaps, the lady in that couple has 'the look' IMHO.

Thanks Christine.

Excellent article, Logan: thank you.

If Sarkozy were to change the French social and economic dynamic significantly, then he would have had to be grafting non-stop from day one.

He would have no time and no spare energy for posing with a bimbo on his arm.

He will fail to meet any serious objectives at his current rate of progress: and never be relected.

Furthermore, he will in all probability damage France by leaving various objective targets only half done.

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="jon"]

And why not.....what is wrong with romance.

Why all this negie stuff again.People do fall in love and its not all about trophies.

Thats a very grumpy attitude

Maybe they are happy...that is possable

[/quote]

No; there is nothing wrong with romance.

However, in this case, the lady is reputed to have enjoyed dalliances with at least some of the following:

Kevin Costner; the publisher Jean-Paul Enthoven, whom she was living with:

And then "Falls in love" with his son! Raphael Enthoven (10 years her junior) and they had a son: he
divorced his wife  Justine Lvy to marry Bruni..

She is also alleged to have enjoyed arrairs with Louis Bertignac, Mick Jagger (Jagger's wife acknowledged his affair with Bruni was one of the reasons for their separation), Eric Clapton, Donald Trump, Léos Carax, Charles Berling, Arno Klarsfeld, Vincent Perez, Guillaume Canet, and former French Prime Minister
Laurent Fabius.

[/quote]

So are you saying that a woman who has lived with or been in a relationship with other men, cannot fall in love with another one?  Would it make a difference if the above related to a man (in relationships with well known women)? 

Personally, I have always considered ladies like Ms. Bruni in the velocipede genre................................

I rather prefer relationships which demonstrate stability and respect towards each other, rather than the current attitude of always striving for self-gratification, whatever the cost.

Whilst like most men, I had a rather different attitude in my youth, after 44 years of marriage I am most comfortable with monagamy.

I must also say that apparently, Ms Bruni seems to "Fall in love" with monotonous regularity and rather rapidly!

Now I would label this "Fickle" and for me, such free spirits are wholly unsuited for the demanding and socially delicate role of presidential spouse.

But then, since I regard le petit Nicolas as an egotistical poseur and a man who quite obviously believes a constant barrage of BS is an effective substitute for sound and valid policies and actually getting things done, perhaps it isn't of particular importance: as now Sarkozy's political opposition will destroy him.