French Animal Sounds

[quote user="Cat"]I just love the words hennissement and mugissement for neighing and mooing.  Amazing what you can pick up from watching French films with the subtitles for the hard of hearing turned on.[/quote]

and just how often do you get to use them?[:D]

Erm, well never, now I come to think of it [:(]

But then I know lots of words, both in French and English, that I'll probably never use except in crosswords.  I don't think it devalues them, rather makes them special, like rare jewels. 

I'll just fetch my coat...

I may also, unfortunately, not get to use many of these noises myself - but is it still just me that is concerned about ducks?! 

Surely any well spoken, articulate duck will emphasis the "ack" at the end of a "quack" & will not say "coin" unless it's coming down with a bad cold or has a blocked nose! 

I think I may be getting a little fixated on this........ [blink]

[quote user="Tressy"]

[quote user="JayJay"]How about pigs?[/quote]

I know this one, but I can't spell it.[:D]

It's got G's in it. How crazy is that?

It's something like this - Grwram-grwaam. I'm very sorry about my terrible accent.

[/quote]

Miffy has informed me that pigs go Gron Gron! [blink]

[quote user="Clair"]ronronronronronronron (breath) ronronronronronron (breath) ronronronronronronronronron (swipe)
[/quote]

I've been listening & studying them for 2 days now & there is definitely no ronronron ...... did get the swipe though.  That must be the universally accepted communication method for cats. [:D]

[quote user="Gluestick"]

The dog we sort of share, Buster (who is an absolutely gorgeous Springer), is tri-lingual: so there!

Since he splits his time nowadays between Andalucia, Nord Pas de Calais and England, he knows that "Where are the cats?" is precisely the same as "¿Dónde están los gatos?" and "Où sont les chats ?"

Smarter than the average pooch!

[/quote]

I've spent the last two days testing the cats on their English & French.  Both language tests came up with the same results ..... they ignored me in both languages, with the same look of contempt on their faces each time. [:@]