A non- fluffy French moment!

I was just in my car with my daughter indicating to turn left at a junction in a village near where I live when a big black Peugot reversed out and into me despite my screams and beeping! 

Anyway - I quickly manoeuvred my car into a parking space and jumped out to confront the MALE driver as I could see that he was trying to make a quick get away up a side street.  He saw me motioning to him ( I was flailing my arms about under my red poncho and giving him the evil eye) so he stopped the car, got out and started walking towards me. 

Meanwhile- back at the ranch - his car is rolling out into the middle of the road straight into the busy 5.30pm traffic![:D]  I called out to him to look at what he was doing and he slowly tried to get back into the moving car.  There were dozens of onlookers coming out of the shops and surrounding cafés with their mouths wide open to watch.  He got back out of his car which continued to roll around slowy out of control - cars and lorries were screeching their brakes on to avoid it. 

By then I realised that the bloke was either completely off his trolley or absolutely stoned out of his head.  Either way I decided to hop back into my car and get a safe distance away from him - my daughter was still in the car and by then was quite scared!  I could see him walking slowly in the middle of the road and he seemed to just be acknowledging his vehicule as it smashed first into the huge concrete fower beds on the corner othe junction, then in the opposite direction straight into the Credit Agricole signpost outside the bank. 

He reminded me of the lion tamers at the circus as they stroll calmly around the cage keeping the animals in check!

Very scary and surreal experience - I need a stiff Ricard now after all the excitement[:)]

Twinks, thank goodness you and your fille are OK.  Who is this weird bloke?  What is the latest news?  You'll have to let us all know now what happens next..

It's just all so strange but what on earth do you do in such a situation?

Glad you are ok Twinks & have hopefully fully recovered - with Ricard in hand!!

Three points I would like to make - 1. You were very brave getting out to face the man in the car.  2.  You were very wise getting back in your car & leaving.  3.  Most important - I can't get the visual image of a flailing armed Twinkle, in a red poncho, out of my head!! [:-))]

[quote user="ali-cat"]

Glad you are ok Twinks & have hopefully fully recovered - with Ricard in hand!!

.  Most important - I can't get the visual image of a flailing armed Twinkle, in a red poncho, out of my head!! [:-))]

[/quote]

I can thank god [:D] it wasnt a poncho, its a big red scotch bonnet[:-))]

Thank you all for asking and yes we're both fine and the car didn't have a mark on it.  Afterwards I stopped further down the avenue to tell a friend what had happened to us and we later saw two police cars with flashing lights going to the spot where all the chaos was taking place.  Apparently the bloke was sticking both his middle fingers up at the mororists and onlookers as he was watching his car roll around the busy road.

Ali!

Since I've had my little girl I have become very couragious and am not afraid of sticking up for myself.  If you knew me now then you would say that the bloke in the car was the brave one to come and talk to me. Maybe it was the sight of me in my red poncho that finally sent him toppling over the edge of sanity[:D]

Guardian!

The Tarn like all the departments in France has more than its fair share of stoned lunatics[:)]

Pads!

[6]

I will keep you all posted if there's any more news and there most probably will be as not a lot happens normally in the village which this all took place - well not since the Caisse d'Epargnes' cash distributer got ripped out of the wall by armed, masked robbers at 5am last August.

But that's another story[:P]

http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/Wales-History/Fishguard.htm

Hilarious, Twinkle must have been Welsh herione Jemima Nicholas in a former life, famed for wearing a red shawl and driving the French out of Wales in the last invasion of Britain.

I take you to the last paragraph of the link.  Oh, and the picture of Jemima Twinkle Fawr who still has French men quivering in their boots.

I've just found this one Twinks!! Come on and fill us in as to what the outcome was. Did the damjams get involved or what?

Was there much damage to your car? We are really glad that you were both OK.

And yes I can imajine you in that red poncho[:D]!

Well there wasn't anything in the local paper but I spoke to a couple of the shopowners and apparently he was 'ivre mort' - blind drunk.  He had tried to get a drink in one of the cafés and was refused.  He then left and came back 20 minutes later like nothing had happened and tried to get a drink again and was once more refused.  I 'bumped' into him as he was attempting to move his car from the place he had parked.

When his driverless car smashed into a van on the main avenue the police were called and he was verbally abusing the driver of the van and anyone else who happened to be around.  The police arrived and he continued to give them a mouthful and ended up in the back of their van. 

I don't know what happened after that but one thing is for sure he wasn't behind the wheel of his car and didn't kill anyone - this time.

My work here is done[;-)]