Picnic - Sunday 15th June - Photos

Kitty

Hello Everyone  -  Has anyone in the Forum met up with each other?  Or does meeting virtual friends shatter allusions (illusions?)  Is anything ever organised?  A Forum picnic in June?

Edit:  Thanks to Renaud's generosity of offering a venue, to be on Sunday 15th June.  See thread for more details.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Cathy"]

Hello Everyone  -  Has anyone in the Forum met up with each other?  Or does meeting virtual friends shatter allusions (illusions?)  Is anything ever organised?  A Forum picnic in June?

[/quote]

I fear that to meet up could shatter some illusions as you probably think of me as some sort of fat old slob because I have nothing better to do than sit here all day sending inane messages.  Wouldn't it be a shame to have that confirmed!

You on the other hand Cathy I think of as somebody who likes fine full bloodied red wine from Bordeaux and is well known in the Bristol area[;-)]

[quote user="Cathy"]

[/quote]

I can't believe this post!

I was only thinking the same thing yesterday! I would love to meet up with some virtual friends when I am over and was thinking of taking my knitting with me so I could meet up with the gals in the sewing club over Arnac Pomador way.

Its not that I am seeking out my next best friend or anything but when on holiday it is nice to get away from the OH sometimes for a bit of a natter.

I once caught up with an old best friend from school days whom I had not been in contact with since we had been 19, I invited her to stay overnight while she was in the area. I did enjoy the experience but I found we had very little in common now, During her stay we chatted well into the night and we both told of our lives since we had parted and lost touch, before she left she said she though that I had lived the sort of life that she should of had, but  I would not like to have said the same to her. [Www]

We still keep in touch

[quote user="Renaud"]A Forum picnic in June sounds nice. For those who can get to the southern bit of the Charente Maritime, should the picnic be in the week starting 16 June, I would be happy to provide a venue.[/quote]

Ohwww I'll miss it. [:'(]

I go home on the 3rd [:@]

And if Wooly pulls his finger out and finds a house in the Charente we might find out what he is really like!

'Weedon' I find a sense of humour very attractive in a man so I wont be disappointed !!

Just sitting here thinking, before I go to do some beam staining, about what bullet point impression posters have managed to portray of themselves and have decided that I would be seen as

.    a skinny woman with big boobies, who has

.   somewhat lost the plot since coming to France, and is a bit prone to bad decisions these days, and

.   who is completely obssessive about her dog and cat ..

Oh dear, I don't sound very attractive even to myself ... best keep it virtual ..!!

Renaud - is that a deal?  Can we meet up at your place (wherever it is) on Sat or Sun 14th or 15th or 21st or 22nd June for a picnic?  Everyone must bring something to eat and drink, including plates and cups, so that you don't have anything to do? Oh and something to sit on!

[quote user="Cathy"]

Renaud - is that a deal?  Can we meet up at your place (wherever it is) on Sat or Sun 14th or 15th or 21st or 22nd June for a picnic?  Everyone must bring something to eat and drink, including plates and cups, so that you don't have anything to do? Oh and something to sit on!

[/quote]

Cathy... can I come too if I bring some stuff?[:$]

I have had excellent response to the poster I placed on Marie's (or whatever his name is) notice board, to the soiree in June.  So far I have 14 who will definitely come, or at least that's what the warden said at the home, and another 25 from the village have expressed interest if it doesn't clash with the annual tiddly-wink championships.

The date isn't really important as the people from the home haven't a clue what days of the week are anyway, the warden keeps telling them "tomorrow".

[quote user="Cathy"]

Everyone must bring something to eat and drink, including plates and cups ..........,

[/quote]

Pls remember that I only eat the finest Limoges. As for sitting, I will bring my own sod. (spelt ess oh dee)

edit : interesting that my word for piece of turf is obliterated but this reference to Cathy's bristols is not (You on the other hand Cathy I think of as somebody who likes fine full bloodied red wine from Bordeaux and is well known in the Bristol area)

what a strange pc world we live in [:)]

John

not

If the dejourne sur l' herbe is chez nous* it will have to be on Sunday 15th as our house is let to holidaymakers on other weeks. We have reserved this week for ourselves.

Jura - there are trees available.

All forum members within reach are welcome. In the spirit of a communal French event it would be great if everybody brings a little something.

*Pretentious moi?