Picnic - Sunday 15th June - Photos

Kitty

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pads!

I just looked on Michelin and from Carcassonne it's about 4 hours on the motorway.  We may end up killing each other before we get there[:-))]

You forgot to mention another lovely chocolate coloured lady who was with us last week in Carcassonne[:)]

Was that the chocolate coloured lady with whiskers, she was a cutie too.[:-))]

I dont think we would kill each other I think it was be more dying of laughter ..............[;-)]

I shall have to work for an extra holiday time from my boss and hubby to pay for it , but will try to be there if I can,

[quote user="Just Katie"]

Thank you,

Anyone willing to give me a lift from the airport?.............Pleeeeeze[:)]

[/quote]

I have a car that seats 9 adults including the driver.  I don't mind going via Bordeaux and can come alone, if OH stays at home to look after the children.

I did want to get there early to help Renaud and Mrs R set up and I also wanted to 'linger' so maybe we shall have to camp there before and after?

Be careful Cathy! 

JK will probably miss her flight or get on a different plane and you'll end up going to Rodez or somewhere to pick her up and miss the picnic.

JK!

Have you seen Mr. and Mrs. Renauds lovely garden?  Do you honestly think that we can bang sardines into that lovely lawn?  I don't think so - but maybe they'll agree to us riding a bike in their swimming pool[:P]

In my rucksack I carry dead animal paws (why do you think im called pads) and have a long curved knife ...................[:-))]

You need to be careful when picking up hitch hikers............[;-)] you dont know who they are ...................[6]

It's great that everyone is getting so..........excited about the picnic.  Now, I have thought of a few scenarios and it might be just as well if we thought of such things BEFORE the big day:

So, here are a few what-ifs:

You meet Wooly's brother and he is just as handsome and equally as heartless as Wooly.  Remember Wooly's way with women?  Love them and leave them.  And he might leave you after he has his way with you. When he moves to his new home, it's likely that you will be left behind.

Frenchie looks like Juliette Binoche and sounds like Catherine Deneuve.  Then, just when you think you're getting somewhere with her, she jumps in her car to drive off to Liverpool.

Bugsy arrives on his shining state-of-the-art bike and is all dressed in his shining leathers.  You make a bee-line for him and, when you get closer, you see that he has a leather whip in one hand whilst beckoning you to come forward with the other.  He has a gleam in his eye and he asks if you'd care to ride pillion.

Rose looks the spitting image of her atavar and bends forward in just that seductive way she has.  Unfortunately, she is not bending towards you.  In fact, she ignores you completely.  She is laughing into the face of a thin, consumptive looking weed with salt-and-pepper hair and wire-rim spectacles.

Chris Head turns up at a trot and you go to check whether his biceps are really those to rival Nadal's (he who has just been knocked out of the Australian Open Tennis Tournament).  Chris flexes those muscles and encloses you in his arms.  Please, Chris, can I come with you and make your breakfast tomorrow, you ask.  Yes, OK, he says, but I only eat organic and whole grains and meals made from Gaylord Hauser recipes.  Can you really stand eating macrobiotic for the rest of your life?

Cathy turns up with all her children in tow and is so haughty that you quake just looking at her.  You might fancy her like mad but, her kids ARE a little unruly, yes, all FOUR of them.

Renaud, bless him, is suave and sophisticated and is the perfect host.  At the end of the day, he holds your hand just a fraction longer than is necessary and asks whether you'd like to stay on after everyone else has gone home.  So how do you cope with this hell of a decision?

Clair is as you would imagine.  She is tiny, stick-thin with great legs that go on forever.  She speaks English with that charming accent and smells like the pond-life that is her regular habitat.  Yes, she is also wearing a rubber all-in-one that is printed to represent green frog skin.

Sunday Driver is there with notebook in hand.  Evening all, he says, at the end of the picnic just when everyone is going home.  If you drive outofthese gates, you will have infringed 3 sections and 10 subsections of the Code de la Route.  If you leave, you will find that the gendarmes are on the road out of Mirambeau and they have a full description of your car.

Twinkle, dear Twinkle is there of course.  Batty as ever and talking non-stop.  However, you don't mind because she is one sexy dame.  But then, guess what, she has Katie in tow.  Twinkle on her own, no problem.  Katie on her own, also no problem.  But, are you man enough to have those two in tandem?

Gardian has actually come all the way from well, Gardian country.  He is kind of distinguished looking and you might well fall for his charm.  But, wait for it, now that he no longer needs to piggy-back on anyone's E121, he is only interested if you can bake buns better than madame at his local boulangerie.

As for Jura, not only has she brought her kids, she wants you to leave France immediately and emigrate to Canada with her and her kids.  AND she promises to stay with you forever and ever.

ErnieY is there in his diving suit and trying to smuggle you into his oil-rig.  No good if you don't like the water and can't stand the smell of oil, is it?

Can't forget to mention Christine who has brought dozens of dogs and cats to find good homes for.  And, no, you can't refuse.  You have no excuses; she has had them all vaccinated and they all have passports so, even if you still live in the UK, you are obliged to take the Great Dane that no one else will have.

Well, OK, you decide to go anyway.  Don't say you haven't been warned.  And, guess what, just after you have pigged yourself out completely and you are having to undo your trouser button, you see that a lot of people are actually UNDRESSING, yes, down to their nuddies.  There is also a photographer poised at the ready.

What's happening is that they have decided that there are so many worthy charitable causes, that the 2008 calendar is going to be bulked up to include everyone at the picnic.  So, all thebits and bobs, attractive or otherwise, are going to be exposed to thousands.

But then, you'd do anything for orphans and homeless animals, won't you?

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Rose looks the spitting image of her atavar and bends forward in just that seductive way she has.  Unfortunately, she is not bending towards you.  In fact, she ignores you completely.  She is laughing into the face of a thin, consumptive looking weed with salt-and-pepper hair and wire-rim spectacles.

[/quote]

LOL... have you met my OH already then?  [:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

......She is laughing into the face of a thin, consumptive looking weed with salt-and-pepper hair and wire-rim spectacles.

[/quote]

[quote user="rose"]

LOL... have you met my OH already then?  [:D]

[/quote]

Hang on a minute here..... I DO NOT have salt-and-pepper hair ! I think a touch of grey is very distinguished !![geek]