Murder in Aquitaine?

(From Fr3 Aquitaine)

Dordogne: un Britannique retrouvé mort, un homme interpellé à Londres (article in French)

The Dordogne: a died found British, a man challenged in London A 67 years old British residing in the Dordogne was found died Saturday in his residence of Pleasure (southern of the department), presenting " several wounds with the tête" , and a suspect was challenged in London, one learned Sunday near the parquet floor from Périgueux. The victim, Peter Fuller, " reprocessed l' industry pétrolière" , was discovered by its ex-wife, with " several wounds with the tête" , which would have been caused by " a contondant" object; , the parquet floor specified. Another British, old of 30 years, and " probably in fuite" because " he should have been with proximité" property of Mr. Fuller Saturday, was challenged in the tread in London by the English police force, one added. This man exerted since " three semaines" the functions " d' man d' entretien" on the property of the victim, according to the parquet floor. Described like discrete by the vicinity, Peter Fuller lived alone and had acquired this property, on which it had arranged a golf course, " there are 5 or 6 ans" , the parquet floor specified. The body of the victim, repatriate in Bordeaux, should be quickly autopsy according to the magistrate of the parquet floor, which opened " Saturday evening legal information against X". All the weekend, " we carried out much work on the scene of the crime, because one should not neglect any track and be wary of the évidences" , the magistrate added. The south of the Dordogne shelters an important British community. (Babelfish)

Post edited by the moderators for copyright reasons.

I was reading the French version, the first and further references to parquet were swallowed by my "lets just ignore that and continue" filter untill I was thinking subliminally that the handyman had whacked him with a length of parquet.

Lord only knows how my brain functions but perhaps in the background it was pondering with something like, hit by a blunt object, the parquet to be precise?

Later on when the parquet described that the alleged attacker had been working for several weeks for the victim my subliminal brain reported back to my conscious one "that cant be right can it?" 

I am heartened that google translate has the same problems, I will have to look up parquet later, perhaps a porte parole or insider?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="J.R gone native"]

I was reading the French version, the first and further references to parquet were swallowed by my "lets just ignore that and continue" filter untill I was thinking subliminally that the handyman had whacked him with a length of parquet.

Lord only knows how my brain functions but perhaps in the background it was pondering with something like, hit by a blunt object, the parquet to be precise?

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]  Lovely mistake JR, [;-)][kiss]

[quote user="Cendrillon"]This story has gone very quiet. I read in Sud-Ouest that the French police are waiting for information from the British police who have picked-up and are questioning the suspect. Has anyone any more news?
[/quote]

I don't know if this was the article you read Cendrillon, but it looks as if  the accused has 7 days in which to appeal extradition to France (the article was published on the 7th, so say the 14th).  If he doesn't appeal then he would be extradited within the following 10 days.

http://www.sudouest.com/dordogne/actualite/article/641993/mil/4797333.html

"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars."

WB - may I digress for a little while?

Moonraker - about your strapline - the stars are nowhere near the moon.  Surely, it should be "if you shoot for the stars and you miss, you could land on the moon"?