Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

Morning milkeybarkid !

If I feel organized? well; so-so..

I think I'll start panicking on thursday!!

Thank God a nice English friend offered his help yesterday , much appreciated.

Porridge? Yes, I'd like to try again since the last time I had it was at Uni in my twenties ( I'm 44 now [:$] )

I stopped the fire last night, it was too warm in here!! 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Oh yes, I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

I'm only moving 12 km from where I currently live,  into a small village in the countryside.

The house is bigger, the garden is bigger , but what makes me sad is that my 15 year old son is sad about leaving this house, really sad..

So that sometimes I wonder if i'm doing the right thing, but hey... too late for regrets!

[/quote]

Frenchie, I remember moving house when I was 15.  We were only moving 7 miles away but it seemed the end of the earth to me and I remember being quite upset at leaving all my friends and where I grew up.  I'm sure I made my parents feel very guilty! Once we had moved and I had made some new friends I loved it.  The extra space in our new home meant we could have a table tennis table - something that would have been impossible where we were before. We also got our own bedroom (though that took a little longer as the house needed a lot of decorating!) He'll come around when you've had a little time to settle in.  I think, as adults, we are so used to having a car so distances become less significant.

[quote user="Scooby"]
Frenchie, I remember moving house when I was 15.  We were only moving 7 miles away but it seemed the end of the earth to me and I remember being quite upset at leaving all my friends and where I grew up.  I'm sure I made my parents feel very guilty! Once we had moved and I had made some new friends I loved it.  The extra space in our new home meant we could have a table tennis table - something that would have been impossible where we were before. We also got our own bedroom (though that took a little longer as the house needed a lot of decorating!) He'll come around when you've had a little time to settle in.  I think, as adults, we are so used to having a car so distances become less significant.
[/quote]

What a comforting post, thanks, really.

Yes, that's the right word, guilty.

Here his " college" is just round the corner of the street, he comes and goes on his own, he dosen't lose time in transport, that's true. In order to go to college from our new house I'll have to drive him, or someone else, and he will " lose " time in transport ( but not so much!!)..

Anyway, he keeps saying " it was too easy here, why do we need to move?"

I keep repeating that we need a bigger house for me to have my proper office,  a bigger garden for the dog , I wanted to have a freplace, etc etc

But kids are sort of slefish and they know how to pull our strings..

He grew up here, and I think that's the real problem for him, he's always been very attached to things of his past.

But I also need to move on with my life.

I hate seeing him annoyed, upset, and sad.

Last night he tioldme " you know, I am much more annpoyed than you think "

So you see, that's one of the things that keep me awake at night...........

PS Milkeybarkid, I did sleep again, for 1 and a half hour........  

Yes, I will repeat him that at noon when he comes back for lunch.

Another big thing here, when we have moved, he could not come home for lunch.

For you and I, no pb with that, but for him it's a big thnig, since he's new in his school, and doesn't have real friends yet.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Yes, I will repeat him that at noon when he comes back for lunch.

Another big thing here, when we have moved, he could not come home for lunch.

For you and I, no pb with that, but for him it's a big thnig, since he's new in his school, and doesn't have real friends yet.

[/quote]

The food might not be as good as at home [:$] but lunch time at school (all two hours of it) is a good time to get to know fellow students and make real friends in a social as opposed to accademic environment. 

Frenchie

A bonus will be the time you and your son will get together on the car journeys to and from college. Years ago I used to drive my 16yr old back and forth to hospital for regular visits, this happened over a number of months, we discussed all sorts of things during those journeys and it was quite a time for bonding. Your son will adjust and before you know it he'll be leaving home to move in with the girlfriend!

bon courage[:)]

Hi all, problems with logging in since 2 this morning - so I missed out on the drink and poridge! I could read the messages, and felt excluded; better now!

Moving date is soon, then, Frenchie; that's half-term, I suppose. What a shame your son feels so bad about it. Change is so difficult at that sort of age, and if he's especially attached to things in his past it will make it worse for him. Guilty is just the right word!

What a pity he can't join in school meals part way through the year; what if someone else leaves - would there be a possibility then? It certainly doesn't help with settling in - seems very  rigid. Will you have far to commute to sort out lunchtimes?

Enjoy your day

GG

Thanks for your answers..

I will have to commute 15k on the way to his school and back..

No, absolutely no possibiliry to have his lunches at school.

But then a point was made , I also think being with him during the driving will allow us to talk, and create a special bonding, thouh we  already  have a good communication, inspite  of his age.

C'est la vie....

Yes please, if you're still awake Frenchie - warm milk with honey would be good. I forgot to change the clocks last night, so had forgotten about it until I switched the computer on. I've caught up on emails so far today.

How is the packing going? My OH hit problems with the bath fitting yesterday; he got the handles and waste fitted, but has hit a snag with the taps - they look very space-age, and the paper instructions plus those on the internet don't match the taps.

Our son came and cut some apple branches and then cleared it all away, including sweeping up the leaves - aren't sons lovely?! He then helped carry the bath into the bathroom, so it's actually in the right room now. I'll be off to son's house for a bath later; they are off to Cuba later today, so I'll be able to go any time while they're gone, without getting in the way.

Mind your back when you get packing again,

GG