Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

GG, a warm milk with honey on your way !

Sorry to hear that the bath could not be fitted completely yet.

But hey, you have a house to your own to have a bath while your son is away!!

Yes, sons are great. [:)]

My back's OK now, but yes, thanks for reminding me not to do too much.

It's 5.50 now, should have been 6.50 ..

For us who don't sleep well, nothing to jump about with joy  .....

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, slept like a log till 5.30 (I remembered to alter the clocks, thanks Claire) , no hubby in bed!!!!!!! went down stairs to find him watching the motor bike races!! he had stayed up all night so as to put the video on!! but fell asleep and missed the first half !!!! men!, dont you just luv em.So I took breakfast back to bed and managed not to spill the porridge!!

.Sorry to have missed the natter this morning.

Gardengirl I pm'd u

I had an early night as I was falling asleep in the chair, and look where it got me! I lay for ages trying to get back to sleep, and finally gave up. So it's a warm milk and Euphytose for me; I haven't taken any regularly for a few days as I was on painkillers, and forgot them last night. Anyone else for a hot drink?

Morning, GG..

Sorry I missed you , I had a bad night too, not sleeping and ..sick as a dog... ( do you use that phrase in English ? " Malade comme un chien " )

I really don't know what I may have eaten that caused that.. Or is it just a nasty bug I caught?

Anayway, no milk, thanks, nothing at all for me.. Just the company..

[kiss]

Merci beaucoup, very sensible advice!

I have to drive my son to table tennis, he's doing a stage for the whole week, every day, from 9 to 5.

He's crazy about his sport, and... I must admit I'm happy I could try and rest a bit during the day , maybe have a nap.

Hope you feel better now, no more pain from the op?

Frenchie, it could have just been the stress from the démenagement.  That's the bit I'm not looking forward to.

OH slept like a log last night and even went to bed early.  He'd been up early to play tennis de table in the regional event in Royan and came back very frustrasted as he'd lost 4 of his 5 games!

Still, his competitors were considerably younger (OH being 78) and they were using the lastest rubbers on their bats and his own bat must be a museum piece by now.[:D]

Sorry to butt in, insomniacs.  Just thought Frenchie's fiston might like to hear about my OH still playing and for G to know he has a long career in table tennis and to get in all the practice he can....[:D]

Thank you for allowing me to be an honorary member of your club, GG.  I don't go to bed early and I tend to read or do crossword and sudoku puzzles in bed.  However, when I do nod off, I then sleep very well.

But you do all have my absolute sympathy as I used to suffer from it quite badly when I was younger and I know only too well what a horrible condition it can be.

GG, I know you're right, but I NEED to carry on with the packing... I'll go and collect my son at 4 , then back, a shower, ( have a temp) and I'll call the doctor..

I would feel too guilty if I was in bed while thinking of all this endless packing.....

MERCI

Bonjour .. Or should I say " bonne nuit " .. [;-)]

Feel much better but.. awake now..

Just wanted to say hello to those of you who can"t sleep... My fellow insomniacs...

Back to bed, I ll catch up on the programs I couldn't see this week... ( At night they play many programs again..)

[kiss]

Hi Frenchie,

I'm so glad you're feeling better. What a pity you had to wake so early, but hope you've managed a few hours sleep.

I went up to bed 10-ish, woke up about 4; so probably had about 5 hours sleep - much better! After a terrible previous night and taking the Euphytose yesterday something seems to have worked. I didn't like taking the Euphytose while I was on so many painkillers, but I gave them up yesterday.

Good luck with the packing later oday, and hope the table tennis wnt off well.

GG

Good morning GG,

Thanks, yes, the table tennis went well, he goes for four days this week, last night when back, he told me all he wanted is going again the next day ( today)...  he told me " If they closed the club, that would be a tragedy for me , I NEED my sport, my team .. " [:)]

In a sense, it's better to be addicted to sports than the Playstation!!

Glad you could manage a few hours sleep too, and that you don't need the painkillers any longer..

I watched TV and fell asleep again, all in all, I must have slept a few hours too. [:)]

Off to read a bit ..  

Til later, XX

Morning all - not quite insomnia but I'm still bloody well up! travelled from home (France) to work (Londinium) for a late shift then had to wait for some parts to be delivered.....by road.....from LE BOURGET!!!! 4 hours fitting said parts only to discover the parts sent are duff and failed on fit. Just a little p***** off but not as p***** off as the passengers who will arrive this morning to find their flights cancelled 'cos their plane's still broken.........

Hello,

Not exactly a restful night, but had about 5 hours sleep, waking up 3 times in between..

And you GG , hope the euphytose did its magic trick..

I ve already done a washing machine, fed the dogs, cat, etc..

The early bird catches the worm they say...

Anyone fancy a worm for breakfast?? [:P]

Yes, you must be quite annoyed about that trip,  R... Sorry for you.

You sound as if it's all systems go for you this morning, Frenchie. That's not a lot a lot of sleep, in bits, but could be worse I suppose.  I ook the Euphytose, had a few hours. Hope you're feeling fit.

No worms for me thanks, that sounds as bad as snails, probably worse! Weetabix, I think. It's very mild here today, too warm for porrage. Yesterday I finally went out, though I'm not into driving yet. I sat in the sun at a cafe for a while, very unusual here at the end of October with no scarf or anything. They say this lovely weather is coming up from the Med, so maybe it came via our little town in France -that's a nice thought.

GG

Mornin all.Frenchie , garden girl and all others that are about. You sound chipper Frenchie hope u are on the mend.Just had the porridge & Tea and took some to bed for better half, that means I should have earned loads of brownie points today!!!!!!!! it was appreciated -errr even though I woke him up. I see in a UK paper its not PC to say Evenin all , maybe "mornin all" not politiaclly correct either. DCR (don't care really!!) Just need the impot to arrive so I can stop taking the Euphytose.!!!!