DSK obviously thought they liked him

PaulT

I hope he sues the ar5e out of the Daily Mail.

Naming him as a criminal suspect in the headline is outrageous when the last line of their speil is:

The BBC's Christian Fraser, in Paris, says that although consorting with prostitutes is legal in France, supplying them to others is not.

[quote user="Chancer"]

I hope he sues the ar5e out of the Daily Mail.

Naming him as a criminal suspect in the headline is outrageous when the last line of their speil is:

The BBC's Christian Fraser, in Paris, says that although consorting with prostitutes is legal in France, supplying them to others is not.

[/quote]

The Daily Mail might be a little surprised to be sued for something on the BBC News Websire [:D]

Good point!

Mind you I might just have put the wind up them, the headline has been changed from him being taken into custody as a suspect to being questioned in relation to the affair.

A shame they didnt put the headline into print, they would have had a problem changing all them!

[quote user="Chancer"]Ah but DSK wasnt the client, who had already done the negotiations, he was the beneficiary or end user or whatever phrase is appropriate.[/quote]

He is being questioned because he has been said to have received sexual favours from women whose services were paid for with embezzled company funds... and that is illegal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dominique-strausskahn-arrested-in-prostitution-case-7247644.html

Edit: About the payments (translation HERE)

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Chancer"]Ah but DSK wasnt the client, who had already done the negotiations, he was the beneficiary or end user or whatever phrase is appropriate.[/quote]
He is being questioned because he has been said to have received sexual favours from women whose services were paid for with embezzled company funds... and that is illegal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dominique-strausskahn-arrested-in-prostitution-case-7247644.html

Edit: About the payments (translation HERE)
[/quote]

What is illegal, paying the women with embezzled funds or recieving their favours?

And havnt you forgotten the word allegedly?

Being questioned for information about an alleged illegal act does not make someone a suspect, any more than does daring to have a libido at an age where for others it is but a memory makes someone guilty.

[quote user="Chancer"]What is illegal, paying the women with embezzled funds or recieving their favours?[/quote]

Paying the women with embezzled company funds is illegal.

[quote user="Chancer"]And havnt you forgotten the word allegedly?[/quote]

He is said to have done something and he is being questioned about it. There is nothing alleged about that. It's a fact.

[quote user="Chancer"]Being questioned for information about an alleged illegal act does not make someone a suspect...[/quote]

I know.

He has such rotten luck... [Www]

As explained in The Huff Post France (which is run by Mrs DSK)

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2012/02/20/affaire-carlton-dsk-justice_n_1288882.html?ref=france (translation HERE)

I have just chuckled at the BBC news on the subject.

They report that DSK's lawyers have said that their client couldn't be expected to know that the woman were prostitutes, as they were naked.

Perhaps if they'd still been wearing their "I'm a prostitute" t-shirts then all this unpleasantness could have been avoided.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Chancer"][/quote]
Paying the women with embezzled company funds is illegal.

[quote user="Chancer"][/quote]

He is said to have done something and he is being questioned about it. There is nothing alleged about that. It's a fact.

[quote user="Chancer"][/quote]

[/quote]

DSK did not pay the women, if they were paid with illegal funds then at this time it is only an allegation of an illegal act, one which most certainly DSK did not commit.

He is said to have enjoyed his-self with one or more prostitutes, so what! Its not against the law

[quote user="Chancer"]

I agree with you just john.

Its the impression that I got from many of the comments on this and other forums that some people consider his acts distastefull because of his age.

[/quote]

It's not as age as such, surely he is old enough to know better than to get get caught up in these situations?

[quote user="Chancer"]DSK did not pay the women, if they were paid with illegal funds then at this time it is only an allegation of an illegal act, one which most certainly DSK did not commit.[/quote]

The police want to know if he knew that the women he was enjoying sexual favours from were prostitutes.

If he did, that would make him liable to charges of complicity in procuring.

They want to ask him whether he knew they were being paid for by company officials out of company funds.

If he did know, that would make him liable to charges of benefiting from the misappropriation of company funds, as it is illegal to pay for prostitution out of company expenses.

But  he says he didn't know they were being paid. He thought they were meeting him in hotels in Paris and travelling to Washington simply because they shared his interest in kinky sex [Www]... Yes, he is that candid.

As an aside, there is also the matter of political favours hinted at during telephone calls by the company officials who were paying the women.