dumped

idun

I have no love for either of them but what a despicable way for him to behave... [:@]

He installs his de-facto wife in an official residence, puts her in an unofficial public post, all of which more or less forces her to curtail her professional commitments so they do not clash with his position, making her financially dependent on his whims, all the while carrying on with a two-bit actress, until he is exposed by a gossip rag and forced to choose... and all because he doesn't have the gumption to end one relationship before starting another...

Yuk.

Setting other considerations aside for a brief moment, I note that the BBC announced that "M Hollande announced he was splitting from his long-term partner" (my italics). Long term? I thought she only moved in with him in 2007. That's not exactly "long term", is it? That's a seven-year itch!

So he is the President of France. He goes off and shags another woman (several times). Partner finds out (and the rest of the world) so he dumps HER. He is like a teenager "I dumped her first", no wonder the country is in the state it is, we have a juvenile running it. I really hope she does not go quietly into the night. Mind you it may all have been set up seeing as the last I read he is not going to any further with the magazine and photographer involved.

If various sources are to be believed, he'd be playing 'hide the sausage' with Valérie T. for two years before Ségo R. called it quits (after her failed presidential campaign.)

It would appear he's been playing the same game, also for two years with Julie G. behind Valérie T.'s back.

If he sticks to the pattern, it is possible he may come out as Sarko's main supporter in a few months... [Www]

All through this juvenile episode these words have been ringing in my ears.

"Moi président de la république................"

And now I have found the clip, the best bit is at exactly one minute [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53b-pBPvjmA

What really is noticeable is the facial expression, back then he was exuding confidence and projected his-self as a competent président and I am sure he believed he was, I felt that his expression changed very quickly to that of a show off close to drowning in a swimming pool, not wanting to show his fear but unable to hide it.

what do you think?

[quote user="You can call me Betty"][quote user="gardengirl "]There's bound to be a lot of interest in her visit to India - who knows what she'll give away!

[/quote]

I hope they don't take loads of photos of her looking wistful in front of the Taj Mahal.....it's been done before.

[/quote]

Ha ha! [:D]

Is there a French equivalent word for "dumped" ?

[quote user="Quillan"]He goes off and shags another woman (several times). [/quote]

Far be it from me to cast nasturtions, but I'm amazed that such language from a Mod of all people, has made it past the 'dodgy word editor' software.

I mean, you can't get away some quite straightforward expletives or even some other quite innocent words without a load of ********'s coming up!   

[quote user="Gardian"]

[quote user="Quillan"]He goes off and shags another woman (several times). [/quote]

Far be it from me to cast nasturtions, but I'm amazed that such language from a Mod of all people, has made it past the 'dodgy word editor' software.

I mean, you can't get away some quite straightforward expletives or even some other quite innocent words without a load of ********'s coming up!   

[/quote]

I know, good isn't it. I actually type what I want to say and if the system does not like it then you get the stars come up. I always thought 'shag' was slang rather than an expletive or swear word like the C or F word. I remember typing  the slang for a confidence trickster (a *** artist) once only to see the word came out as stars. Somebody (higher up) had added the word to the 'nasty list' because in French it is a swear word apparently. Would never have known that until it happened. The list does apply to all posts regardless of who makes them.

shag1
ʃag/
noun
noun: shag; plural noun: shags; noun: shag tobacco; plural noun: shags tobacco
  1. 1.
    a carpet or rug with a long, rough pile.
    "wall-to-wall shag carpet"
    • (of a pile) long and rough.
      modifier noun: shag
      "a shag pile"
    • cloth with a velvet nap on one side.
  2. 2.
    a thick, tangled hairstyle or mass of hair.
    "her hair was cut short in a boyish shag"
  3. 3.
    a coarse kind of cut tobacco.
shag2
ʃaɡ/
noun
noun: shag; plural noun: shags
  1. 1.
    a western European and Mediterranean cormorant with greenish-black plumage and a long curly crest in the breeding season.
    • NZ
      any cormorant.

Now, undoubtedly, we all know other definitions..........[:D]

[quote user="Clair"]I have no love for either of them but what a despicable way for him to behave... [:@]

He installs his de-facto wife in an official residence, puts her in an unofficial public post, all of which more or less forces her to curtail her professional commitments so they do not clash with his position, making her financially dependent on his whims, all the while carrying on with a two-bit actress, until he is exposed by a gossip rag and forced to choose... and all because he doesn't have the gumption to end one relationship before starting another...

Yuk.

[/quote]

Absolutely!  If you hadn't actually seen it all play out steadily in the media you would have thought it was made up or a fairy story!  What a shambles he has made of it all.  And how he thinks he can be trusted to run a country when he can't even run his own private life properly, I really do not know. 

C*n is not a swear word in French Quillan, it means a fool, not even as strong as an idiot however the male and female derivatives of it which have a few more letters are swear words, bet the filter doesnt work on them, will have a try in the test area and then delete them.

To give you a clue an English couple were dead set to name their new born Connor [:-))] and were persuaded against it in no uncertain terms.

[quote user="Chancer"]C*n is not a swear word in French Quillan, it means a fool, not even as strong as an idiot...[/quote]

Beg to differ...

The word may be money courante (see! I can do Franglais too! [:P]), but it is used because it's meant to be an insult and cause offence.

For me, it is as offensive to me as its English-language equivalent.

Quite coincidentally, I'm in the middle of a discussion with Amazon.fr on a similar topic, as a book using a derivative of the French word in its title keeps appearing on my Amazon page under "best-seller"... Having failed to find a way to remove the book from appearing as a "recommended buy", I resorted to contacting Amazon to ask them to do it for me (and other users who may share my distaste for offensive words when they click to view their Amazon page.)

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="Clair"]I have no love for either of them but what a despicable way for him to behave... [:@]

Yuk.
[/quote]

Absolutely!  If you hadn't actually seen it all play out steadily in the media you would have thought it was made up or a fairy story!  What a shambles he has made of it all.  And how he thinks he can be trusted to run a country when he can't even run his own private life properly, I really do not know. 
[/quote]

This is the reason why I disagree with this privacy thing in France. He has not behaved with honour, he been dishonest and he has behaved in a deceitful way (bit like DSK) and that’s just his private life. Now people will say "yes but that’s his private life and it is separate" but is it? If it is in a persons personality to behave this way they can't just turn it off and on, they are what they are and therefore it casts a shadow over his ability to hold high office and lead a country. Personally I think he should resign especially already having lost the support of the public anyway. This should be the nail in his coffin but no doubt he will carry on.