frenchentree.com

jackie-p

I haven't benn there, but most of these Fora have had a substantail down turn in activity.

We limp along here as there are still a few people needing help and there are still some knowlegeable answers.

On the whole any disagreements are about opinion, but factual things are dealt with without the endless contradictions  and misinformation I remember from another place whither I can no longer wander..

[quote user="jackie-p"]I like Bentley...[:P]

ay ay shipmates..[:D]

[/quote]

I like andouilette, but there are plenty of people who don't. Mind you, it does explain why you've taken 2 years longer than me to notice it's rubbish.   I love it here. To coin a phrase.

Do a Google search for the blog of his rustic view of things, read what he has to say on page 16 about the contributors to said forum.

Its not at all pleasant and certainly tells you a lot about his character, not that it was hidden at all in his postings, I never ever understood how he was allowed to remain, I thought he must have been someones brother in law [:D]

As for the forum, well the new enhanced user experience is an absolute disaster, even if it were as good as before its now so slow and unuseable as to prevent many from reading and especially posting.

It has lost so many of the previous good features and lacks so many that every forum should have like émoticons, a useable quote facility, ability to post links of photos, avatars, change text size or colour, a search facility, members geographical location, hovering preview of titles etc, I could go on, the list of missing things is endless.

It went down for 5 days instead of the one afternoon promised, nearly 2 weeks after the re-opening it is still ridiculously slow, apparently it is being worked on as the number one priority before anything else [:-))]

Many of the features that are there dont even work, I cannot think of one thing on the site that if it worked and if it worked at a correct speed could be described as an enhanced user experience.

It has been well and truly Ratnered [:D]

lol...that's why I've come back here for my daily fix after many years in the TF/FE wilderness, but it's a bit like turning on the Archers after 6 months - same old, same old. Not exactly a lively bunch, and still backbiting anyone who asks for help :-(

[quote user="tom16"]lol...that's why I've come back here for my daily fix after many years in the TF/FE wilderness, but it's a bit like turning on the Archers after 6 months - same old, same old. Not exactly a lively bunch, and still backbiting anyone who asks for help :-([/quote]

Hey, some of us are fans of the Archers and you can always tune in to the omnibus edition on a Sunday if you've missed all the episodes during the week[:D]

Speaking for myself, I love the fact that, if I asked a question, I can predict more or less who would answer it.

I know who the petrolheads are, who the renovation bods are, who the French language buffs, etc.

I find all of that very reassuring.

Plus, if I wanted a laugh or to provoke some sort of protest, I can also count on certain individuals on here who would always come on board..........to join in the fun or embellish the thread with their own brand of  humour.

What is there not to like?

I think all that talk of variety being the spice of life is definitely overrated [:D]

It really does seem to be screwed up.  I keep looking in and even making the odd reply but as I get no notifications from any threads anymore - old ones or new ones - and have to actually get bored enough to go look, it doesn't happen very often.

I thought everyone might have come over here but they don't seem to have, so where have all the posters gone??

I must say though that a major part of what's putting me off FE is the slowness of it - and that is exactly why I don't visit this forum so often anymore either.  Trying to post today, it still seems really slow.  Is it something at my end (I'm using firefox) or has this forum remained slow since it's own conversion?

[quote user="Debra"]I must say though that a major part of what's putting me off FE is the slowness of it - and that is exactly why I don't visit this forum so often anymore either.  Trying to post today, it still seems really slow.  Is it something at my end (I'm using firefox) or has this forum remained slow since it's own conversion?

[/quote]

It has moments when it 'freezes' and it is difficult to post or get it to load.

No, its not too bad Debra. The problem on here is that most of ther people are quite old, which means they need lots of time to get up, get their bowels moving, have breakfast etc, then the slowly potter off to the shops, have coffee with friends, then there is tea and high tea, Coronation street and then off to bed with a cup of Milo, removing their teeth and other health aids as they go. So there is little time for the cut and thrust of forum life!