frenchentree.com

jackie-p

[quote user="woolybanana"]No, its not too bad Debra. The problem on here is that most of ther people are quite old, which means they need lots of time to get up, get their bowels moving, have breakfast etc, then the slowly potter off to the shops, have coffee with friends, then there is tea and high tea, Coronation street and then off to bed with a cup of Milo, removing their teeth and other health aids as they go. So there is little time for the cut and thrust of forum life![/quote]

Now then, Wools, no need to be so hard on yourself................do lighten up a bit old fellow!

It's pretty much on its last legs over at FE. There is another French forumthat might pick up new members along with this one. Google The French Forum and have a look.

I used this forum until 3 or 4 years ago when FE (then TF) became more lively. But I might only have another 30 years or so left on Earth - it would be a shame to waste it waiting for posts onthe other forum to load!

It seems that those who have, shall we say, remained faithful to this forum, or deserted the other one many moons ago for whatever reason, are now (by implication) being exhorted to react like a group of performing seals by those who evidently did not feel this forum was sufficiently "entertaining" for them up to now.

Perhaps those who have migrated would like to lead the way and do the entertaining/be "lively" so you can show us what it is you believe we're lacking or have been missing?

What? I was merely responding to the sentiments expressed in Rabbie's and JSKS's previous posts, viz..

"should be a wake-up call to this forum to regain some of its previous vim and vigour"..."when FE became more lively"

Hardly "territorial".. crikey, I think if you go and have a look at TF, (oh, I forgot, you can't) then I was probably still just about clinging on to being one of the top 5 posters on there, despite a more than 2 year absence. So I can't really be being THAT territorial, can I?

[quote user="NormanH"]I will strive to be witty, informative and accurate, but all this may come as something of a surprise to those used to more meagre fare [6]

[/quote]

Norman, please keep trying until you succeed, won't you?[I]

I don't know what you are all talking about but I have just come here to exchange the time of day with Norman.

Norman, when do you expect to have your wheels back?

Can you claim taxis, etc on the insurance?

We're insured with AXA and when my husband broke down on the way to England, he got the car taken to a local garage, a hire car to go over with and come back, handing it in when he got home.  Then he got a choice of either another hire car or cost of trains and taxis to collect the car when it was fixed.  I didn't think that was bad.  I'm not sure UK breakdown would cover all that?