Happy New Year 2019

Hoddy

A happy new year to everyone.

A pity that we've started off with some unpleasantness.

Gardian - I don't recall when I last deleted a post of yours. Perhaps you can remind me.

Richards51 - I'm sorry that you think I cannot cope with this thankless task. If you apply to Archant and say that you are willing to do it single handedly I'd be happy to relinquish my role.

A very happy New Year, Hoddy.

Those of us who have been here a while know what a thankless task you have and much appreciate your dedication!

Please please please do not let poordick get anywhere the reins of power. T’would be like letting JC run Unilever; the company would be washed out and down the drain in the twinkling of a soap sod??

[quote user="woolybanana"]A very happy New Year, Hoddy.

Those of us who have been here a while know what a thankless task you have and much appreciate your dedication!

Please please please do not let poordick get anywhere the reins of power. T’would be like letting JC run Unilever; the company would be washed out and down the drain in the twinkling of a soap sod??[/quote]

Well Woolly seems he can't help himself. He is the first one to report somebody in 2019 (surprise, surprise) and guess who it is, why you of course for "Name Calling". Rest assured nobody really takes any notice of his whinging.

Well, well - assertions about Quillan not having access totally wrong - plainly Hoddy is not on top of things.

And yes, people on here should re-read the forum rules including WB with his idiotic name-calling and digs. I accept that I have fallen into the same behaviour - it needs to be stamped out - period.

Hoddy - is Quillan right when he says that you pay no attention?

NB - I reported WBs post because I really did not want to get involved in another slanging match - surely that should be the best approach and moderators then do their job.

Richard, your attack on Hoddy is entirely unjustified; she does an excellent job of managing this forum with just the right touch on the tiller to keep things moving along, with understanding and clarity.

It seems that you would wish a harsh regime which would be soulless and lifeless, based on absolute applications of rules that are designed to be marshmallow rather than granite.

If this is so, then perhaps this is not the forum for you because we josh each other, in simple fun, with no malice or other intent.

Occasionally collars get a little warm, but then that is expected and accepted.

You seem to find it difficult to accept this or feel that you are a target. Though this is not the case, you do seem to end up in the middle of unhappy exchanges rather more than most, which is sad.

Remember that over-regulation kills spontaneity, as has been shown in some other forums. None of us wishes this to happen, so, lighten up, there’s a good chap.

OK then, WB do you think your post on this thread leading to my report was within the rules and justified on an open forum??

Remember "happy new year" is not a subject that gets many people angry under the collar.

Notice queenie gets her little dig in.

NB WB - have been on this forum long before you appeared so please dont go the old timers route - already been through the "who are you" route.

All this should not be dealt with on the open forum - period. All she had to do was delete your post to show that it was against the rules - now it has become yet another mud slinging contest.

Hoddy ........

Just before this thread gets zapped, the post of mine that you took out was on 18/2/18 - totally justified (as we discussed at the time), because I gave somebody my colourful description of him. I was out of order (although fairly accurate!) Don’t even remember what it was about.

Anyway ......... re this thread, some people never learn, do they?

You are obviously referring to me.

Re your problem with me about hospital appointments - I was fairly robust, but from 38 yrs working in a hospital environment, lots at consultant level (not medical/management) a hospital would not be cut off by protesters.

Contrary to popular belief if you cant get there then neither can the staff.

Richard51 - you are ascribing powers to me that I simply do not have.

I was embarrassed and quite cross to see Quillian's post earlier today. I had been assured that he had left the forum and that his access to the moderator's section had been ended.

You certainly need to discuss all issues with Archand.

And I find it not surprising that WB finds his posts acceptable.

But, hey, look at the rules - and a light touch should not be acceptable as it encourages more of the same. Any teacher will tell you that!!

How come that on a french forum the main conversation for a period of time was "urban", gutter language which seemed to be totally acceptable.

WB - ok medical - I didn't wear a white coat for the last 30 ish years but that should make no difference.

Richard51 - your advice on contacting Archant is rather late in the day. I wrote to Archant immediately after Quillan posted. It being New Year's Day they are out of the office.

As a retired teacher of many years standing I cannot accept your advice as to what a light touch can do.

I remember that you said that you were a teacher and I really cant believe that you would have survived by taking a "light" approach. Certainly not in an inner city school.

Please discuss the breaking of the basic rules with them as well. The example cited in my report was very mild compared to recent ones but nevertheless flagrantly against the rules.

Perhaps if I say that any child pyschologist will say that limits need to be set will remind you of your training.

I would say that Hoddy knows exactly what to do with kids, both in this forum, and also in whatever school it might have been.  Light touches can work very well, depending on the kid.

I would also say that each spoilt kid on this forum should have learnt how to behave by now, and that whilst some fun is definitely allowed, name calling can certainly get out of hand, as has been demonstrated a little too much recently.

I  haven't posted much because of these posts which have deteriorated badly from little boys (or girls, it matters not), just having fun, to sheer nastiness.

I think Hoddy has done a brilliant job on this forum, and wish everyone, including the naughty boys and girls, a happy new year!

Hello Hoddy,

Just so you can point Admin where to look it is to do with my old login email address from being a moderator. That account is closed as in I can't login using that email address but as you know with this terrible software you can't actually delete the user or their email address only "ban" them. It also seems that whilst you can block a user from logging in you can't remove their privileges. Consequently any posts made within the moderators section get sent to me as notifications, so yes I can see all those conversations which quite frankly I wish I couldn't.

I gave up asking directly and indirectly over the years to stop these emais and it appears Archant can't unless they update/replace the forum software and the company that supplied and installed it no longer exists. I really, really, would like you to stop these emails from being sent to me but I doubt that you can.

From what I can see from what's posted it seems that somebody is afraid of losing another member because there are not that many posting. Personally I wouldn't let a tale wag the dog however much they continue to whinge, I would have banned them a year or two back. Perhaps there are not so many posting because you haven't got rid of these whingers.

As for Richard, well looking through his posts he certainly likes dishing it out but takes to reporting people when they answer him back. Perhaps he has some form of inferiority complex that's deeply centred on being bullied at school as a child, who knows?

So apart from giving you a pointer to where the problem is located that's all I have to say on this thread, best of luck and all that.