So .. what's up ?

suein56

What warmer climes ?

We have had a great day here with lots of sunshine, blue skies all day and a superb sunset over the sea with the last of the birds jostling for space on a sea-surrounded rock whilst quibbling with their neighbours over the last available place.

Wooly wrote : In the meantime there have been nearly 10000 views of the copper pipe thread.

So, now we know that everyone has been fiddling with their piping!

LOL .. my mind boggles.

Happily I have never needed to be upset by copper pipe .. I didn't realise how fortunate I was.

Sadly, not even had time to lurk ... varicose vein op last week, then instructed to walk 2 hours a day, at least, plus all the usual things to achieve in between, so it's been the computer time which has had to suffer .... plus I have an active diary this week, cannot drive pro tem (because of the op), so everything takes longer .... oh, and I have a washing machine which will not drain away, so I have to stay with it and empty into a bucket then the sink ...  10 month old kids are nothing in comparison .. ABLF!  and can you imagine how many loads of washing there are when you have just returned from holiday????  All have which have to be emptied into a bucket ????

"have a washing machine which will not drain away, so I have to stay with it and empty into a bucket then the sink ... 10 month old kids are nothing in comparison .. ABLF!"

What ?....you have not spent 10 minutes with our new offspring. LOL. He is like Indian Jones on Steroids....with a big smile.

Anyway, clutch has been changed on the Saab ....and it works. I think I am gifted.

Nomoss...you would be so proud of me.

Takes after his Dad, presumably.
As far as I remember 10 months is a lovely age - they've outgrown just crying for the sake of it, so start to get around and entertain themselves. And saying a few words.
You've got to childproof your house though.

[quote user="Patf"]
You've got to childproof your house though.

[/quote]
When we were young, we aided and abetted each other to climb up the table legs (those bulbous ones on old furniture).  After that the table was turned upside down.  That's the sort of childroofing you mean, I'm sure Pat.

ALBF, the thing about 10mths old is that they will grow out of that stage ... not sure how long the washing m/c problem is likely to last ..... could be a long time, given my OH DIY skills!

[quote user="Judith-aka-Judith"]............. not sure how long the washing m/c problem is likely to last ..... could be a long time, given my OH DIY skills!

[/quote]

I don't know if you will find any info' for your washing machine on line, but we have a US-made Whirlpool, bought from Currys in UK, and I found amazing videos on Youtube showing how to tackle various repair jobs, including our problem. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYyMxxea8E[/url]

My biggest problem was discovering how to dismantle the panels etc. to gain access to the broken part, but 7 years later it's still working[:)]

EDIT: As far as draining is concerned, the drain pump inlet pipe may sometimes be blocked with lint, or its impeller jammed with the same or by a solid object accidentally put into the machine with clothing.