I hope she is found

NormanH

I had recently read the article about them and thought What a great way to live for a few years, and also, How sad that Brits won't be able to do this any more.

But that is a good point - what was she doing travelling around with no valid reason during confinement? I don't doubt that it would have been inconvenient for her to have to change her plans and stay home, but the rules are meant for everybody aren't they?

But still, desparately sad if this is going to have a tragic ending.

I too hope that she is found but there’s a lot that doesn’t add up. I can’t see Brexit making any difference to marginal people who want to follow their lifestyle as it is they have hardly followed residency laws, I wonder where they declared their income over the years. Her total disregard for the confinement rules says a lot about their attitude to society. French cyclists were not allow to exceed the 1km limit in case they tied up emergency workers who might be needed elsewhere, how many have been tied up in this search. Walking in the mountains alone is risky at the best of times and stupid at this time of year. At the very least she should have been carrying a Personal Locator Beacon.