ryanair/ stansted

Belle

We live and work near Stansted and believe me if Ryanair were pulling out it would be all over the place.  Its their biggest UK hub.  I was at dinner just this week with people from BAA and nothing was mentioned. Also our son is a pilot (not Ryanair) and they would soon have picked up on anything.  It wouldnt surprise me if there were a little sabre rattling as BAA have been told they must sell Stansted and in typical Ryanair fashion they were trying to equalise before the other side scores over such things as landing fees, services etc.

I think the chances of R/Air pulling out of Stansted are extremely slim, non existant.

FYI They announced in our local rag that they are opening 3 new routes out of Marseille............to Nantes, Lille and Gatwick. I understand that these new flights will commence end of March 09.

Happy flying

Wilko

Yes Ryanair has stopped their flight Nantes to Stansted as I posted some time ago;   No flights after 29th March.   They are fliying Nantes Bournemouth though, all summer as usual.   Easyjet has no flights to Nantes this year either.    It has been quoted in the press that Ryanair are cutting their flights from Stansted by one third due to airport costs. I know someone who uses the nantes stansted route weekly and has now started booking Dinard Stansted.  

Lollie   44 

[quote user="Wilko"]

I think the chances of R/Air pulling out of Stansted are extremely slim, non existant.

FYI They announced in our local rag that they are opening 3 new routes out of Marseille............to Nantes, Lille and Gatwick. I understand that these new flights will commence end of March 09.

Happy flying

Wilko

[/quote]

In one of the SW papers Ryanair announced they would be flying from Carcossonne to Bournemouth instead of Stansted and then had to withdraw the annoncement when Carcossonne airport told the paper it was the first that they had heard about it!![:$]

Ita a dream going in and out of Bournemouth ...at the moment ...The plan to expand has been passed...... some time ago .....and when it gets the new terminal I expect more airlines will want to use the place ..I use the National Bus service to get to Heathrow from Ringwood... duel carriage-way right io Heathrow terminals . .Almost as quick as using the car and no need to find an expensive car park ..I would expect that service to link both airports ..I can see Bournemouth becoming a popular airport in the future .

Am I missing the obvious-Re flights to Nantes

My elderly Sister & OH fly over every June to stay with us  in St Jean deMonts for a couple of weeks.  They live south of Norwich and a daughter drops them off at Stanstead .

Anybody know how they might be able to make it this year . ?

They are going to be devastated if they arnt able to come

Thanks

Options to Nantes are.       East Midlands, Liverpool or Bournemouth.   Ryanair

Manchester Rennes   Flybe.com !!

Otherwise Ryanair fly Stansted to La Rochelle.   well they did last month!!!!

Bonne chance

[quote user="Maricopa"]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]Ryanair announced they would be flying from Carcossonne to Bournemouth[/quote]

If only[:-))]

[/quote]

It now appears it MAY actually be happening. It was mentioned as a possibility in todays Midi Libre, and on the Ryanair site its avaiable as a drop down, with a start date of the 6th June.[:D]

Edit: And the news is on the Carcassonne airport site, albeit mispelt Mournemouth!