SANEF/LIber-T Autoroute Toll-Master

Ian

Out of idle curiosity I've just added up what we've paid in tolls since 10/07 when we got the doofah and I wish I hadn't because it comes to

€816.55 [:-))]

On top of that there is what we paid in class 2 tolls before the doofah for about 8 return trips with a big box trailer [:'(]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Stan Streason"]

May I just say that an email to Catherine worked for me, I completed and PDF'd the contract, added an RIB and the Doofah is now in the post one day later. 

Thanks for posting the info Paul.

[/quote]

I emailed mine on Monday and it arrived (UK) this morning (Friday). to me that is an excellent service, especially with no deposit or monthly charges.

Paul

[quote user="ErnieY"]

Out of idle curiosity I've just added up what we've paid in tolls since 10/07 when we got the doofah and I wish I hadn't because it comes to

€816.55 [:-))]

On top of that there is what we paid in class 2 tolls before the doofah for about 8 return trips with a big box trailer [:'(]

[/quote]

Cripes, Ernie - you must get about a bit!  I keep thinking our Alis doofer will be recalled for lack of use ... [:$]

[quote user="cassis"]Cripes, Ernie - you must get about a bit![:$][/quote]Well somebody seems to, I'm away for 2 weeks out of 5 [:'(]

There were 3 trips to Germany in there, one with the trailer in tow so class 2, and probably 4 trips to UK. Surprising how it mounts up though.

Who was it said there was no road tax in France [blink]

Same here. Amazingly quick.

Christine emailed forms by return. I printed them off, filled them in and posted them to ALIS from UK on Tuesday. The kit that Stan describes arrived at UK address by ParcelForce this morning. And all for free.

Now thinking I must have overlooked the catch....

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]

Now thinking I must have overlooked the catch....

[/quote]

Since I got  mine last year, that's what I keep wondering Alan. It also worries me a bit that so far I've never travelled on any of the Alis sections either.

So even though I don't use the A28 I can use this ALIS thingy for all the other motorways? I went to their website and thought it was restricted to the one motorway so didn't think I could use it. We go from the Tunnel to Brittany via Rouen and Caen, and don't really use many others.

Lyza

[quote user="Lyza"]So even though I don't use the A28 I can use this ALIS thingy for all the other motorways?

Lyza

[/quote]

The short answer is yes... just a short section I believe near Lyon which you can't. As I replied earlier, I've been using mine ONLY on non-Alis sections. 

I have the form from Christine and when filling it in does 'establishment tenure du compte a debiter' mean the name of my bank in France where the direct debit will come from? I am assuming the Tenure du compte means the name of the account holder. I am getting some very strange translations through Bablefish etc.

Lyza

Help needed in positioning the bagde support please.

The instructions read as follows:

pour les parebrises à couches réfléchissantes, cette zone est généralement repérée par des pointilles noirs. Respectez bien ce positionnement.

I think it's saying don't fit it in this hatched area. Am I correct?

I don't really know as mine certainly is ... but whether part of it could be outside the hatched area I don't know. I guess it depends which part of it actually recieves the signal from the telepeage. I can't look at mine at the moment as my wife is driving the car we have it fitted to but if no one else can answer I'll have a look at ours when I get a chance and give you my guess.[;-)]

Hi All

As I use mine in more than one vehicle I just hold it up at the barriers and hey presto!

Do keep it in the silver pouch when you receive it until you actually use it.

Filled in form on the web site and used my UK bank account - no problems, received 3 days later.

Jekyll

Hi All

As I use mine in more than one vehicle I just hold it up at the barriers and hey presto!

Do keep it in the silver pouch when you receive it until you actually use it.

Filled in form on the web site and used my UK bank account - no problems, received 3 days later.

Wendy