Weather???

Jonzjob

Yes it has been lovely here in 66 upto today!

Canigou has got a coating of snow overnight and the temps have realy dropped and the wind is gusting. I will have to go and look see what it is predicting as we have to go to Montpellier on thursday.

Strangely, because of the gusting winds, we are now getting snow INSIDE OUR HOUSE!!!  We have a huge skylight in our staircase, which is nice, because it lets light into the whole house.  But, there is clearly a place where, when the wind blows in a certain way, it gets around the edge.  Our roofer will come tomorrow, but today it is a little weird.

PG

Thanks John[:-))] I dont have to sit here worrying about my roof here, but now I can sit and worry about the one out there to. [:)] Keep me in touch if anything happens e.g. any roofs blown off, If you go up there to take photos will you get one of my house in the snow so I can see what Im missing. Ta lad[;-)]  

You probably wouldn't be able to see your roof over here Pads! 

It snowed lightly but steadily from 5pm yesterday and all night long.  Hubby was working at Perpignan and at 1.30am I called him to see where he was on his journey home - he was just arriving at Carcassonne where he told me they were just starting to see some snow.  He should have been home by 2.30am but didn't arrive 'til 5am!  He's still in the land of nod so I don't know what happened to him.

Maybe it's best if I DON'T know[:)]

Spot on Suze. We have subscribed for a couple of years now. As you say, fairly acurate and updated through the day. If I look at here and Carcassonne, or Villemoustaussou, only a few miles away it shows differences. Our village is less than 1000 strong and it shows the weather for here. You can look at anywhere in the world too.

The subscription gives you 5 daze detail, 5 daze frocast, average seasonal, overview for the department, sunrise/set and lots more. We think it's good value anyway...

Snow on them thar hills Pads......

This is really strange because a guy I work with (coming up from Metz) just phoned to say he was stuck in snow.  All the trucks coming from Germany are also covered in snow.  Here in the G-D of Lux it is cold (-7 deg C when I left this morning) but sunny and a brilliant blue sky.  It can't last, I think we'll have copious quantities of snow dumped on us before the week's out.

Yep it's pretty pads but sooooo cold.

I'm thinking of all the folks who are outside working at the moment, i am fortunate that, for now at least, i get to choose not to go outside and freeze, for a lot of people over here it's not optional.

I'll post you a snowball if you want?? [:D]

I'm not playing with snowballs anymore, anyway. Just had a snowball fight with himself and lost (due to injury).  Typical man going for head shots.......now my eye is not working. [:'(]

I hate playing with boys, they are always so mean.

My daughter didn't go to school today either.  We made a snow family[:)] Mam, Dad & baby! 

My OH does all the cold weather games normally -I  don't do snow.  I have a permanent rictus on my face when we go skiing - but he wasn't around this morning so it was up to me.  I quite enjoyed it actually.  Two and a half hours running and ducking in the snow equals 2 chocolate crépes for me this afternoon[:D]

Here in the Deux Sevres it has been threatening to snow for the past couple of days.  As I'm typing this its come over all cloudy.  I do love the snow but am dreading driving to school tomorrow, especially if the forecast is correct, its due to snow all afternoon and evening, then be -5 tomorrow.

Good morning Bug bear Yes early mornings are the norm for me , like you keeping the fire in, and nursing an old dog who only has to moan and Im out of bed to make sure hes ok, only to find hes dreaming or snoring!!! I like this time of ay, I get all my house work done then the rest of the day is mine.